NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Data Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate Provides support for studies of behavioral interventions to improve blood pressure in ethnic minority adults. Responsible for participant recruitment, baseline and follow up data collection, participant tracking, and intervention delivery. Responsible for protocol compliance and accurate data entry. Assists with study site recruitment and contributes to the maintenance of positive relationship with study sites and study participants. Works collaboratively with Project Coordinator and PIs to follow proper clinical trial processes and share up-to-date information on current issues.
- Participant Recruitment and Data Collection: Assist with developing participant recruitment plans; recruit and screen patients for eligibility; if eligible, complete necessary paperwork, questionnaires, and tests. Review entered data, edit obvious errors, and obtain missing information. Document all data accurately and neatly. Maintain patient confidentiality. Adhere to adverse events reporting protocols.
- Participant Tracking: Track participant flow through the study and update tracking logs in an accurate and timely manner. Maintain participant tracking databases for compliance with data monitoring and confidentiality protocols. Contact participants to schedule them for study visits and send retention letters as needed.
- Intervention Delivery: Follow treatment and control group intervention delivery protocol rigorously. Update all tracking logs associated with the interventions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Site Relationships: Establish and maintain positive relationships with recruitment sites and participants. Demonstrate effective and professional communication with recruitment sites and study participants. If needed, assist Project Coordinator with site recruitment.
- Project Knowledge: Demonstrate mastery of research protocol. Have a thorough knowledge of current department research studies and their rationales.
To qualify you must have a 1. Associate's degree plus one year related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.2. Computer literate with good interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills.3. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications.4. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills. 5. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.6. Time management skills and ability to work well under pressure.7. Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.8. Must be able to follow study protocol rigorously..
Required Licenses: No License Code
Willingness and availability to work occasional weekend or evening hours is also required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.