NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Data Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate The NYU Patient Imaging Quality and Safety Laboratory (PIQS Lab) is a new patient safety learning laboratory funded by the federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. PIQS Lab is a multidisciplinary collaboration led by New York University School of Medicines Division of Healthcare Delivery Science, housed in the Department of Population Health, and the NYU School of Medicine Department of Radiology. The purpose of this $4 million project is to be a dynamic learning environment focused on improving safety and outcomes for radiology patients. PIQS Lab will connect experienced clinicians in the NYU Departments of Radiology, Emergency Medicine, Medicine, Orthopedics, Surgery and Urology with operations, human factors and management experts at NYU Langone Medical Center (NYULMC), the NYU Wagner School of Public Policy, and NYU Stern School of Business; and with design experts at the world-famous design firm IDEO. Together, we will comprehensively redesign our systems to improve the quality and safety of diagnostic and therapeutic radiology through three synergistic projects.he Research Data Associates will conduct literature reviews and collect primary data (including through chart reviews, qualitative interviewing, direct observation time-motion or tracer activities and surveys). The Research Data Associates will also require project management skills. Each will primarily support operations and research needs for a specific project; however, PIQS Lab will be able to flex assignments between projects based on real-time needs of each project and relevant skillsets of individual staff. The research/operations assistant will collect data and enter data into the data management system, ensuring data integrity and fidelity. The research/operations assistant will provide support to brainstorming sessions, including scheduling, note-taking and summarization of ideas. He/she will also assist with development of project charters, process mapping activities and root cause analyses. The research assistant will be supervised directly by the project manager and will keep consistent records of team meetings, decisions and progress.
- Utilizes established methodologies to collect patient information for the research project(s).
- Extracts data for publications, or provides data collection from outside physicians offices.
- Formats and uses tools to facilitate data collection (e.g., calendars, schedules, tracking logs, etc).
- Ensures protocol compliance, that is, that standard steps regarding eligibility criteria, follow-up, and required documentation are consistently followed in the time frame specified.
- Secures accurate signatures and forwards documents and or forms to the appropriate destination based on prescribed policies and procedures.
- Reviews any issues that deviate from standard policy and procedure with supervisor.
- Reviews data with supervisor and then provides reports to all parties (e.g., project leads, the principal investigator, sponsoring agency, etc.) on the progress of the study.
- Inputs data into the database and or case report forms; ensures data entered is correct and consistent with the source document and completed in a timely and organized manner.
- Processes incoming and outgoing documents by transcribing data, figures, statistics, codes and other information.
- Completes paperwork and forms in a neat, accurate, timely manner and ensures subsequent data collection as required.
- Maintains copies of all required on-going documentation and forms for the files.
- Reviews data to be entered, edits obvious errors and obtains missing information.
- Prepares requested data and numbers thoroughly and accurately for statistical analyses and required reporting.
- Ensures that information in computer database is accurate, entered and maintained on a timely basis.
- Performs library searches and retrieves reference materials from various sources using Medline and PubMed.
- May request articles from medical journals.
- May prepare presentations for lectures or posters for conferences, utilizing PowerPoint.
- Recruitment capabilities and the screening of potential patients/subjects for eligibility to the study.
- Assists with the informed consent process
- Reviews all the elements of the screening process with the Principal Investigator
- Collaborates with various personnel that may be involved in assisting with specific aspects in the study.
- Interacts with patient/subject and families in a courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures of the host institution where the study is being conducted and the regulatory requirements such as IRB and other approvals if necessary.
- Utilizes available resources and established procedures to identify problems for quick resolution.
- Conducts study visits, obtains and documents information within the time frame specified.
- Monitors any outward effects or issues regarding patient/subject safety and reports this to the Principal Investigator, Physician, Research Nurse, or Research Coordinator.
- Works with the principal investigators, radiology staff, and Program Manager to monitor the overall conduct of the study.
- Produces accurate and timely minutes of research team meetings.
- Assists with implementation of new interventions; for example, trains clinicians in new protocols and workflows.
- Interfaces with varied persons, such as, School of Medicine and or Medical Center staff (e.g. physicians, nurses, radiology technicians).
- Works with project teams as to ensure project goals are met
- Works with Program Manager as part of a team to coordinate the project(s)
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows proper study processes within current policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and identifies problems, appropriately escalates issues to supervisor as needed.
- Utilizes available resources and established procedures in order to rectify problems, communicates all changes.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree plus one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.Computer literate with excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills.
Teamwork. Communication. Availability
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.