NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Data Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate The NYU Langone Comprehensive Obesity Initiative is a new, institution-wide effort to better understand, treat and manage obesity at the population and clinical levels. The Initiative unites cutting-edge population health, clinical, and basic science research through a uniquely comprehensive electronic data source -- a multi-disciplinary DataBridge. This rich resource will enable investigators to address long-standing questions from completely new perspectives, using cutting-edge machine learning and other big data techniques. Key insights will be translated into real, evidence-based obesity prevention, treatment, and management solutions.This position Assists with studies examining weight trajectory outcomes for bariatric surgery patients. This includes recruiting, screening and enrolling patients; sample processing; tracking; and clinical and non-clinical data entry. As part of this work, the Assistant will support the project by collecting and auditing patient information; formatting and cleaning data in databases; ensuring compliance with all study and regulatory guidelines; reviewing all data collected and conferring with supervisors on issues that deviate from guidelines; assisting with the informed consent process and ensuring that the patient fully understands what is required of them throughout the study. They will follow through regularly with the patients, keeping them engaged and reminding them of visits and compliance.
- Sample collection: May help to receive and facilitate storage of biological samples.
- Research Administration: Assist with research administration, which could include editing abstracts, manuscripts, and grants and preparing materials for submission to internal oversight offices such as the Office of Clinical Trials or the Institutional Review Board
- Project Knowledge: Demonstrate mastery of research protocol. Have a thorough knowledge of current department research studies and their rationales.
- Site Relationships: Establish and maintain positive relationships with recruitment sites and participants. Demonstrate effective and professional communication with recruitment sites and study participants.
- Data Management: Responsible for collecting and auditing patient information for the research project and entering collected data to the database. This may include abstraction of data from the patient chart (e.g., laboratory or diagnostic test results, surgical/radiation treatments delivered, adverse drug reactions, etc); abstraction of data for publications, or data collection from outside physicians offices. Audit and manage data in the database. Prepare forms and reports, compile and analyze data, statistics, and other materials for reports.
- Participant Tracking: Track participant flow through the study and update tracking logs in an accurate and timely manner. Maintain participant tracking databases for compliance with data monitoring and confidentiality protocols. Contact participants to schedule them for study visits and send retention reminders. Engage patients in retention.
- Data Collection: With enrolled patients, complete necessary paperwork, questionnaires, and tests. Review collected data, edit obvious errors, and obtain missing information. Document all data accurately and neatly. Maintain patient confidentiality. Adhere to adverse events reporting protocols.
- Participant Recruitment: Recruit and screen patients for eligibility. This may include gathering information from the medical record, physician referral, advertisement and directly scheduling a visit to evaluate the patient/subject. Review all the elements of the screening process with the Principal Investigator: inclusion/exclusion criteria, completed informed consent, documentation of the event and the patient/subject willingness to participate in the study.
To qualify you must have a Associates degree with minimum 2 years of Research Assistant experience or project coordination in a research setting. Or Bachelors degree with 1 year of experienceHighly organized.Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills.Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications.Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
Bilingual Spanish and English Required.
Bachelors degree or MastersExperience assisting with clinical researchPatient-facing experience
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.