NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Project Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate Reporting to the Center Program Manager, this position is responsible for providing a broad range of complex project management services across multiple research studies in the Center for Healthful Behavior Change. Provides oversight in the development and implementation of research studies through the supervision of research study staff and guiding effective project management and execution of study timelines and work plans. Motivates the research team to maintain progress in meeting study aims, anticipates potential barriers, suggests and implements creative solutions to impediments. Ensures careful execution of research protocols in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, HIPAA and required obligations to patient/subject, Principal Investigator, research team and the sponsor. Trains, supervises, and coaches research support staff. Works independently with limited oversight and excels within a team environment.
- Project Management Provides oversight in the development and implementation of sponsored research projects initiated by Principal Investigators. Delivers broad oversight and direction to research coordinators, postdoctoral fellows and other study personnel during initial project set up and ensures study implementation plan follows the approved protocol. Coordinates technical trainings relative to program (e.g., data collection software). Reviews progress of projects regularly and guides research staff to proactively initiate appropriate actions to achieve studies target objectives. Acts a resource to address issues related to participant accruals and advises research staff to ensure milestones adhere to project timeline. Organizes and leads regular project meetings to ensure completion of project activities within projected timelines and as outlined in study protocols. Communicates project status to Principal Investigators and other concerned parties.
- IRB/OCT Develops new IRB protocols with research staff and oversees Research Coordinators efforts regarding IRB submission and renewals. Works with research coordinator in the resolution of all issues and assists in resolving complex processing problems. Maintains awareness of study regulatory status and works with research staff to ensure regulatory documents are up to date and on file. Monitors any potential outward effects or issues regarding patient/subject safety and reports to the Principal Investigator. Facilitates contracting for new studies, as needed.
- Reports Responds to requests for CHBC project information, summaries, and data based on information compiled from various sources. Prepares and review documents independently and generates status/progress reports for ongoing and pending program related projects. Plans, outlines and drafts agendas, presentations, and reports. Oversees staff assigned to this responsibility.
- Supervision - Recruits, hires, trains, and manages workflow of research support staff (e.g. Research Coordinators, Research Data Associates, Community Health Representatives, Postdoctoral Fellows) and helps secure interim staffing as needed. Clearly communicates expectations/competencies for performance in each role and addresses performance issues proactively. Provides ongoing mentorship and support for staff professional development activities.
- Training - Provides in-house training to research support staff on topics that will enhance professional development and increase competence in completing assigned duties. Plans, develops materials and other training tools, and creates presentations for training and educational sessions and other activities on an ongoing basis.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving Combines and evaluates information and data to make decisions about relative importance of information and choosing the best solution to solve problems. Resolves complex situations based on established policies and procedures and refers unresolved issues and questions to the supervisor. Recognizes which issues need input of PI and which issues can be resolved by PM.
To qualify you must have a 1. Masters degree or equivalent in public health, social science, or related field. Minimum five years relevant human subjects research experience in increasing levels of responsibility and authority in overseeing staff. 2. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. 3. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently and with limited supervisory oversight.4. Adept time management skills and ability to work well under pressure.5. Ability to multi task and adjust priorities in a dynamic work environment.
1. PhD preferred2. Outstanding oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills and grantsmanship is preferred. 3. Familiar with electronic data captures systems such as REDCap. A working knowledge of research design, blinding and randomization is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.