NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate Provide and integrates clinical leadership and management of a designated unit of patient care on a twenty four hour basis, consistent with the philosophy and goals of the institution, Departments of Nursing, and clinical services; develops and sustains an environment of excellence in patient/family service, growth and development of staff, and application of evidenced-based practice
- Provides clinical leadership in assessing, implementing, and evaluating the care provided to a targeted patient population.
- Acts as a professional role model to all levels of staff by incorporating expertise and related experience into all aspects of patient care and nursing process.
- Facilitates a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to achieve optimal patient care outcomes. Develops, promulgates, and fosters the implementation of process standards for the delivery of patient care relevant to area of practice.
- Fosters ongoing patient/family education in an effort to facilitate discharge planning consistent with the individual needs of the patient and goals of the institution.
- Assumes responsibility for 24-hour clinical operations of the unit. Serves as a role model for staff in considering needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups.
- Provides leadership for management of the unit, serving as a role model and resource for evening and night leadership staff. Provides plan for optimal availability of resources for safe, competent, effective patient care delivery.
- Facilitates an environment conducive to creativity in practice, collaboration with all members of the health care team, and the fostering of collegial relationships. Practice prudent fiscal management of the unit.
- Indentifies, investigates, and proactively responds to potential and actual risk management issues per standards and institutional policies.
- Interviews, hires, develops, guides, counsels, and disciplines nursing staff consistent with principles of a caring, fair, and professional work environment.
- Promotes patient, physician, and other consumer satisfaction by facilitating excellent customer service by all members of the health care team.
- Assures compliance with standards and regulations promulgated by all applicable agencies. Collects, analyzes, and presents data to evaluate productivity and potential practice changes. Participates in sharing administrative support and responsibility.
- Identifies and addresses learning needs of professional and ancillary staff members.
- Creates unit milieu supportive of the education and development of the nursing staff and other health care providers consistent with the goals of a learning organization.
- Utilizes available recourses to plan and meet unit and individual staff learning needs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of education and development activities in achieving desired outcomes.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical and managerial roles.
- Serves as a support and resource for the education of health professionals.
- Establishes and maintains unit-based quality and performance improvement program consistent with departmental program.
- Develops and implements action plans in response to internal and external benchmarking data, problems, findings, issues, incidents, and complaints.
- Participates in interdisciplinary quality improvement programs and cultivates environment that promotes patient/family, physician, and staff satisfaction.
- Maintains awareness of research protocols applicable to unit, assures staff awareness and knowledge of such protocols, protects rights of patients, and participates in assessment/evaluation of outcomes as indicated.
- Applies research findings that support development of evidenced-based practice. Participates in and fosters staff involvement in nursing research efforts.
To qualify you must have a Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York. Master's Degree in Nursing. At least three years of clinical practice in the care of the patient population served; ability to apply nursing process toward achievement of specific outcomes in an organized fashion which addresses patient/family satisfaction. Progressive leadership demonstrated in a leadership position or demonstrates the potential for leadership competency; demonstrates ability to develop, guide, motivate, nurture, and coach others; participation in service of departmental committees. Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and creative problem solving. Membership in pertinent professional organizations
Certification in relevant practice area
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.