NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Per Diem - Occupational Therapist (TP) within our NYULMC In House Temp Program.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating occupational therapy needs and implementing comprehensive, medically prescribed occupational treatment to assigned patients in a supervised program of rehabilitation.
- Initial Assessment and Evaluation - Reviews medical chart to ascertain important medical information and clarifies referral/ OT Treatment orders for unfamiliar diagnosis. Selects appropriate OT assessment tools and methods in order to accurately determine the patients status for developing optimal treatment plan. Demonstrates effective clinical decision-making and implements changes/adaptations to the OT Treatment Plan
- Implements Treatment Plans and Protocol according to current professional and health system standards. Considers a variety of validated treatment approaches and rationales for achievement of patient goals. Selects appropriate technical aids/assistive devices and correctly refers patients to other clinical services to achieve stated program/team treatment goals. Assesses educational needs of patient, families, and implements a variety of methods for patient/family education and training during rehabilitation process
- Completes all required documentation for patient care and reimbursement. Completes and plans all required documentation in medical chart as required by Department guidelines and JACHO/CARF requirements. Clinical Documentation is through and completes using appropriate medical and clinical terminology
- Participates in Clinical Education of Fieldwork students and other professional. Teaches and supervises assigned students in Occupational Therapy techniques, skills and procedures. Demonstrates a genuine interest in assisting students in enhancing their knowledge and skill levels. Encourages positive learning experiences for Career Opportunity Students and other Non Fieldwork students
- Responsible for certain level of patient care productivity as indicated by individual Unit Procedures. Demonstrates the ability to provide expected patient contact as indicated by productivity reports and patient contact analysis
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates appropriate professionalism during job performance
- Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy and a New York State Occupational Therapy License or temporary permit. Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Licenses: Occupational Therrapist License-NYS
Master's in Occupational Therapy and Other Specialty Certifications i.e. ASTYM
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.