Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. In 2008 we opened St. Francis Medical Center to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs' community on the north side of the city. St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services, and Critical Care Unit. It is also serves as Southern Colorado's home base for the Flight For Life® Colorado air medical helicopter service. It's an incredible time to join us as we celebrate our sixth consecutive year as one of "America's 50 Best Hospitals" by Healthgrades and recent Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild winters and easy access places like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and some of Colorado's top destination resorts, you will enjoy an incredible lifestyle while having the career you've always wanted. For more information about Penrose – St. Francis Health Services, visit http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 104326
Clinic/Department: 8723 PSF SOUTH STATE ADMIN
Hospital: PENROSE HOSPITAL
To provide leadership in the strategic planning and business development for Oncology Services across South State Operating Group (SSOG). Responsibilities will also include leadership in the strategic and daily operations for clinical and business operations for Oncology and Outpatient Services at Penrose St. Francis Health Services, St. Thomas More Hospital, and St. Mary-Corwin. In addition, strategic planning, business development, care coordination, standardization for SSOG community hospitals and their respective markets will be critical aspects of this group role. Activities will include developing and maintaining physician partnerships and engaging clinical caregivers through solicitation of input and plan implementation to provide and improve delivery of patient care, new program development, and value to populations served. Must reliably deliver the clinical services and growth throughout the continuum of care. Responsible for growth and process improvement through analyzing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and development of programs and services. Will assure achievement of Oncology program development at multiple hospitals and ambulatory services across the care continuum and in adherence to hospital policies and standards as set forth by accrediting bodies related to Oncology and regulatory agencies. Will work in a dyad leadership with service line Medical Director.
Bachelors Degree in related field. Masters preferred.
Work Experience :
5 years or more in management in an acute care hospital, ambulatory center, with experience in physician relations, program development and strategic planning. Knowledge and experience of service line management and development for growth.
Scope of Position:
POSITION REPORTS TO: Group VP Strategy
Position Duties :
GROWTH -25 %
- Gain physician support for strategic and financial planning, and clinical program development in conjunction with dyad Medical Director.
- Create and grow the physician and nursing network for referral base.
- Collaborates with the Sub-Specialists and Primary Care Physicians on clinical program development and growth in conjunction with dyad Medical Director.
- Evaluates and implements new technologies and services that enhance patient care and provide growth opportunity in conjunction with Dyad Medical Director and in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Evaluates and develops strategic plans based on population need through engagement with physicians and stakeholders as well successfully implements plans to drive growth and improve value.
- Collaborates with other clinicians to develop and implement clinical improvements, engaging clinicians in patient safety and performance improvement related to Oncology in conjunction with dyad Medical Director.
- Maintains currency in knowledge related to clinical evidence through implementation and evaluation of clinical guidelines and through fostering research opportunities.
- Works with clinical system teams to evaluate and implement technologies that enhance patient care and nursing practice (Evidence Based guidelines, NCCN, NAPBC, ACOS CoC, MedAI, TSI, etc.)
- Promotes continuous performance improvement and clinical decision support systems that are data-driven and evidence-based
- Serves as liaison between hospital administration, the medical staff, and the department managers in conjunction with dyad medical director.
- Attends department, operations, and committee meetings as applicable to SSOG.
- Performs periodic performance evaluations on management personnel having direct reporting relationships.
- Collaborates with other clinicians to develop and implement clinical improvements, engaging clinicians in patient safety and performance improvement related to Oncology services in conjunction with dyad Medical Director.
- Ensures that the infrastructure supports accreditation by ACOS Commission on Cancer, the National Accreditation Program for Breast Center, and the American College of Radiology – Radiation Oncology.
- Collaborates with team to design specific key performance indicators and to achieve financial performance objectives of the service through managing operating and capital budgets, managing patient utilization, and implementing cost management strategies.
- Assesses the Oncology Dashboard for performance and takes corrective action where required.
- Coordinates the development of budgets within the Oncology service line based on anticipated volume, acuity and matrix.
- Monitors budgetary indicators and recommends budget adjustments as appropriate.
- Monitors the net return on individual products within the service line and initiates program changes as appropriate.
- Provides input into pricing structures and assists in the development of pricing packages for contracting groups.
- Evaluates the cost and value competitiveness and market share of the service line.
- Demonstrates effective inspiration, servant leadership with clinicians, physicians, and peers.
- Provide an environment that fosters teamwork, mentoring, coaching and learning as measured by associate engagement.
- Leads collaboratively to assure success of the service.
- Collaborates with nursing leaders to meet the Scope and Standards for Nurse Administrators (ANA).
- Establishes service performance goals, allocates resources, and evaluates performance.
- Assists in development of disease management programs that will improve the health of the community.
- Develops and monitors Oncology services prevention and screening programs for SSOG.
- Participates in local and regional educational programs related to Oncology services.
- Participate and promote community outreach programs, events, education and other ways to ensure that the hospital and ambulatory services stays connected to our community and mission with dyad Medical Director.
- Maintains compliance with all regulatory agencies and rules of accrediting bodies by monitoring the service and hospitals' operations and its programs and initiating required changes or improvements.
- Engages teams at all Hospital and ambulatory entities to achieve relevant professional standards.
- Work with team on increasing patient satisfaction, physician engagement in conjunction with dyad Medical Director.
*This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.