The Director of Effectiveness works closely and collaboratively across the entire institution to foster a campus culture of and capacity for data-driven decision-making that supports student success. The Director leads all institutional research, institutional effectiveness, assessment, mandatory reporting, and data-focused decision-support activities. The Director provides consultation and access to high quality processes, facilitation, leadership, engagement, research, and other community building and organizational support services to enhance planning, decision-making, and problem-solving for the college community in support of student success and the institution’s strategic priorities. The incumbent is also responsible for, but not limited to: ensuring compliance with all federal and state reporting; working collaboratively with Menlo College’s Accreditation Liaison Officer for WSCUC to facilitate the WSCUC accreditation process; working collaboratively with the Dean of Business and Academic Affairs to facilitate the college’s AACSB accreditation process; leading the college’s data governance strategy; working collaboratively with the office of Information Technology to foster cross-functional, collaborative relationships and processes that leverage data and technology to support the college’s activities related to accreditation and assessment. Reports to the Provost.
- Establishes, administers, and coordinates the college’s institutional research activities, including collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting information on the characteristics of the institution for use in decision-making and strategic planning.
- Provides support to individual departments and programs to establish assessment plans and collect relevant data to support the assessment of student learning outcomes as evidence of institutional effectiveness in regional accreditation and discipline-specific accreditation processes. Develop and provide training for individual staff and faculty as needed.
- Serves as liaison and provides necessary support for the college’s organizational effectiveness, planning, accreditation, evaluation, and program assessment activities.
- With assistance from support staff, serves as liaison from the college to various authorities at the federal, state, and local levels for data reporting, research studies, and/or surveys.
- Oversees the preparation of state, federal, and college accountability reports according to documented requirements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintains and distributes data, studies, or research to support the planning efforts of the college.
- Develops and oversees implementation of processes for collecting, linking, and analyzing data from a variety of sources, including internal systems, state and federal agencies, other higher education institutions, and employers.
- Oversees and monitors the overall integrity of data, complying with state and federal requirements and taking appropriate steps to correct data discrepancies when noted.
- Works with areas of the college responsible for data input to improve process for collecting and inputting accurate data into the core system.
- Represents the college at federal, state, and local level meetings, seminars, and/or conferences as appropriate, and at professional organizations related to institutional research within the state, taking a leadership role where appropriate.