Education or formal training
Bachelor of Science in Business, Information Systems/Technology or other related field or equivalent experience.
Special qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred
Knowledge, skill and ability
- Ability to simultaneously manage 3-5 medium to large scale projects while maintaining all required project documentation
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly skilled using Microsoft Project, Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in time management and able to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Strong team building/collaboration and motivation skills; must be able to work effectively with diverse groups of people and energize them to achieve high levels of performance while also eliminating barriers to change.
- General knowledge of hospital departments operations.
- Knowledge of general principles of information systems, a thorough understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle, project management methodologies, and developing/maintaining project documentation.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills; must have the ability to bring others together to facilitate reconciling differences.
- Ability to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of patient electronic protected health information (ePHI) and departmental documents.
- A high degree of initiative, independence, and integrity in performing tasks.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- A tolerance to working in a fast paced work environment.This position requires quick thinking and problem solving skills.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and manipulate forty (40) pounds on foot for several minutes.Manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination to work with small computer parts. Sensory requirements include visual acuity capable of reading monitors, reports, and hardware displays and audio acuity capable of telephone use and detecting audio alarm systems.
- Work with an open mind as a team member with other departments to come up with the best possible solutions for BCH to system-wide problems.
- May have to travel to other facilities or campuses.
Position involves extensive consulting and communication with physicians, nurses, senior management, as well as vendors, and outside agencies in various phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Develop & Implement Project Plans
a) Create project plans, work breakdown schedules, cost and resources estimates, communication plans, risk management plans and other key project deliverables/activities
b) Manage the assigned project team(s) and coordinate all project start-up and close-out activities, including those related to defining business requirement and system selection when necessary
c) Monitor progress to keep projects on track by conducting regular project meetings and following up with areas that need assistance
d) Ensure all projects tasks and goals are being accomplished as expected. Work to keep assigned projects on schedule, on budget and within available resources
e) Act as the primary point of contact for assigned projects and communicate frequently with all involved parties
f) Identify potential conflicts/issues related to assigned projects and work to resolve them as soon as possible
g) Identify and communicate project risks to the Project Sponsor(s), Project Executive and the Manager of the Project Management Office immediately
h) Assist when necessary and/or appropriate to ensure project schedule and deliverables are met
i) Manage stakeholder expectations.
2) Ensures Project Standards are Maintained
a) Ensure conformance to standards and methodologies for the system development life cycle and project management.
b) Assists with the development and implementation/use of standard project templates
c) Manage the approval, tracking and reporting process of project change requests.
d) Develop and maintain project documentation - collect, review, and organize project documentation (including key decision documents, contracts, meeting minutes, etc.)
3) Prepares Project Reports, Flowcharts & Key Documents
a) Prepare meeting agendas and presentation material that communicates project information to concerned parties
b) Prepare project status reports and other project specific information about weekly activities using a Project Status Report.
c) Prepare project plans and work break down schedules using Microsoft Project as needed for assigned projects.
d) Assist with the development of process flowcharts and use Microsoft Visio as needed for assigned projects.
e) Create and maintain project budget spreadsheets
f) Assist with the annual capital and operational budget preparation process as needed.
a) Assists with the development, implementation, and enforcement of the information system security, disaster recovery, and continuity of operation plans for Boulder Community Hospital information systems.
b) Prepares flow charts and/or diagrams to demonstrate process flow or system operation.
c) Demonstrates ENCORE! Behavioral standards and effective interpersonal skills.
d) Employees are expected to comply with all regulatory requirements, including Joint Commission Standards.
e) Is familiar with organization, department and job specific Environment of Care areas, including Life Safety, Utilities Management, Hazardous Materials Communications, Emergency Preparedness, Infection Control and Medical Equipment Failure.
f) Adheres to Standard Precautions as appropriate, which may include:
- the use of protective barriers, as appropriate (e.g., gloves, masks, gowns, pocket masks, and/or safety glasses);
- handling and disposing of infectious waste appropriately; and
- hand washing as appropriate.
- OTHER DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES2. All employees have access to confidential information regarding patients, employees, and business information.4. All departmental positions involve the use of personal computers and printers.When applicable, employees must be able to adjust the essential functions they perform appropriately to the age of their patient/customer. Employees must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the knowledge and skills necessary to provide for the primary population of patients served in the department. Employees demonstrate the ability to alter care and patient/family education based on the age or developmental level of the patient.Primary patient population served.
- PATIENT CARE/INTERACTION
- 3. The Information Systems Department personnel provide service to two hospitals, as well as remote sites.
- 1. All positions in this department involve customer service.
Boulder Community Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, gender variance, genetic information, military or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.