Under general direction, administer and manage the operations of various employee benefit programs to include health, life, disability, unemployment, employee assistance, retirement savings, and the like.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer the overall benefit program strategy for the Company; execute the strategy as directed.
- Administer and manage the operation of various employee benefit programs; analyze, develop, implement, and evaluate relevant policies and procedures; advise senior management on the program operations, including premium rate determinations and significant administrative issues.
- Ensure all benefit programs are compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements to include applicable reporting, disclosure, and educational requirements (i.e., 5500’s and 1095/1094).
- Manage and maintain all benefit enrollment/administration systems; ensure systems and information resources are up-to-date, available, and easily accessible.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of benefit program information and enrollment materials.
- Report on benefit offering effectiveness; understand the market norms for benefit programs; conduct utilization analysis and make recommendation to management on program enhancements.
- Consult with insurance brokers to obtain trend data, benefit and plan design offerings, as well as costs; respond to insurance proposals and make recommendations for benefit offering changes; collaborate with the contracted employee benefits broker in the design and actuarial review of benefit programs.
- Communicate benefit program information to employees; assist employees in understanding available benefit choices and options available; serve as an advocate on behalf of the employee to resolve semi-complex to complex issues.
- Prepare and manage the annual budget for all benefit programs; maintain and evaluate financials and program cost; prepare specifications and review contracts for provider and employee benefit program services; manage internal and external audits of various benefit programs.
- Develop and maintain a strong business partner relationship with payroll, finance, company stakeholders, service providers, contracted consultants, benefit brokers, and Third Party Administrators; ensure the Company its employees and it’s shareholders are provided high level of service both internally and externally.
- Monitor claims administration and assist in settling or resolving claim settlements as necessary.
- Manage and maintain benefit program records; build, maintain, and provide reports as required or requested.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of benefit plan/program trends, standards of practice, as well as legal requirements and proposed changes.
- Actively participate on a non-voting basis in the company’s Retirement Committee.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.