| The Good Samaritan Society is a 64 bed Skilled Nursing Facility. |
Good Samaritan Society employees are to demonstrate the Good Samaritan Society’s motto, “In Christ’s Love, Everyone Is Someone” and to embody The Good Samaritan Society Way (GSS Way). The GSS Way reminds and challenges each employee to grow daily in love and kindness. Each employee plays an integral role in the Society. Because we are one Society, the following is expected:
• Obligation: Employees are called to share God's love in word and deed by living out these traits: Love, Acceptance, Compassion, Courage, Honesty, Humility, Joy, and Perseverance.
• Opportunity: Through essential duties and responsibilities, employees have the opportunity to improve the well-being of those served both directly and indirectly.
• Outcome: Employees are held accountable for job performance. Employees are considered effective when those served, including coworkers, feel loved, valued and at peace.
DNS Job Description • Demonstrates/encourages opportunities for carrying out mission. Formulates and works within annual budget; recruits, hires, and staffs work area at appropriate levels by utilizing scheduling system accurately. Acquire resources and means that promote a quality work environment; ensures quality performance and conformance with regulation and laws. Participates in state and/or federal nursing home survey process; writes any resultant plan of correction (POC) and ensures it is carried out. Participates in the QA/CQI process. Responsible to lead the management and monitoring/auditing of the EMR in the location. This would include but not limited to training, documentation, reports/dashboards and retrieval management and monitoring/auditing. Keeps abreast of and implements new programs or practices. Accepts accountability for activities under direct control; plans and organizes work with and for department. Exercises sound judgment and decision-making. Promotes cooperative working relationships within and between departments.
• Performs/ assigns completion of pre-admission assessment on a timely basis; assures a comprehensive nursing assessment of all residents is completed and interventions for plan of care are formulated to address needs on admission and on an ongoing basis according to state and federal regulations, location procedures or other guidelines. Assures plan of care and interventions are evaluated for effectiveness on an ongoing basis and adjusted and updated accordingly.
• Assures restraints or seclusion use conforms to Society policy. Assures residents are offered choices in their care and other decisions. Assures residents are free of neglect or abuse. Immediately reports any concerns related to resident rights and resident abuse or neglect in accordance with Society policy and procedure. Allows residents access to their records upon request.
• Assures physicians are notified of change in condition / request and orders are processed on a timely basis. Maintains thorough and accurate records for each resident. Uses the EMR accurately. Ensures staff is appropriately trained and adequately utilizing the scheduling system. Participates in location care conferences, special events and task forces. Explains procedures to residents before and during interactions; interacts with residents and maintains resident-centered conversations when residents are present. Reports / assures appropriate action on any physical or emotional problems/concerns from observation or residents’ report (onset of shortness of breath, increased agitation, new behaviors, pain, etc.). Assures families are notified of resident condition changes, etc. Basic Responsibilities: This position will be held accountable for complying with all related laws, regulations, company policies and procedures pertaining to his or her position and for fulfilling his or her obligations under the Society's Corporate Compliance Program. Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.