Under direction of the Behavioral Health Director, the Integrated Behavioral Health Manager is responsible to manage the coordination and integration of behavioral health services into La Clinica’s Primary Care Clinics. Develops and insures compliance with program policies and standards for behavioral health services which includes: crisis intervention, behavioral consultation, brief counseling, medical social work, coordination of care, patient education, and patient advocacy. Responsible for the hiring, training and supervision of Behavioral Health in primary care clinics, which includes Integrated Behavioral Health Supervisors, Behavior Medicine Specialists, Associate/Licensed Social Workers, Case Managers and student interns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops policies, procedures, standards and clinical guidelines for the integration of behavioral health services into La Clínica’s Primary Care programs. This includes general medical social work practices, CPSP practices, and integrated behavioral medicine practices.
- Plans, assigns, and supervises work of department employees. Oversees the delivery of integrated behavioral health services in compliance with program policies, procedures, standards, and clinical guidelines, regulatory guidelines and grant requirements.
- Hires, trains and clinically supervises integrated behavioral health staff including Supervisors, Behavioral Medicine Specialists, Medical Social Workers, and student interns. Administratively supervises staff in collaboration with primary care site managers.
- Responsible for staff development and training activities. Develops and implements a training program to support staff development and clinical standards for integrated behavioral health staff.
- Evaluates staff work performance including job performance, work flow, productivity, and medical records documentation to assure staff efficiency and a high standard of quality behavioral health care for patients. Responsible for disciplinary action resulting from poor job performance.
- Develops and oversees quality assurance activities including peer review processes, administrative, clinical, and fiscal audits/reviews of program activities. Responsible for the development of qualitative and quantitative reports regarding staff and program activities. Assures the delivery of high quality behavioral health services to La Clínica’s patients according to current best practices.
- In accordance with La Clínica’s Strategic Plan, directs reviews and analyzes the preparation of annual budgetary estimates; controls subsequent expenditures within authorized appropriations; analyzes financial accounting of expenditures and prepares forecasting reports.
- Responsible for programmatic strategic planning, identifying potential growth opportunities, and the development of proposals in collaboration with the Planning department. Assures compliance with grants and regulatory guidelines regarding activities, goals and outcomes.
- Represents La Clínica's behavioral health integration services within La Clinica as well as externally. Educates La Clinica staff about the activities/services that are provided primary care behavioral health staff.
- Responsible for establishing and formalizing linkages between behavioral health integration programs and other La Clínica programs as well as linkages to community programs outside of La Clínica. Particular focus of attention on the integration of behavioral health integration services with clinical health education services.
- Assures that La Clínica’s Personnel Policies, Procedures and Union Contract are adhered to by staff.
- Participates in La Clinica management meetings, staff meetings and participates on committees as needed.
- Analyzes new legislation for its impact on primary care behavioral health programs. Advocates for behavioral health services for La Clínica’s target populations including local and state initiatives, regulations and policies.
*** Salary DOE