- Develop and assist with implementation of policy proposals and advocacy strategies to advance the organization’s ECE to 3rd grade agenda.
- Assists with the management activities for the Education (Acuerdo – A work group of ECE community leaders that inform the development of the Forum’s advocacy agenda and policy recommendations.)
- Design, conduct and coordinate the production of internal and external communications, including policy briefs, policy analysis, fact sheets, press releases, and meeting reports.
- Design, conduct, and coordinate research, reports, and analysis.
- Travel to Springfield, as needed, during the legislative session (Jan-May) to advance the Forum’s policy agenda with elected officials, government staffers, state agency officials and other relevant decision-makers.
- Draft and present oral and written testimony to various units of government on behalf of the Forum
- Recruit and assist the Forum’s partners in submitting oral or written testimony to various units of government on behalf of the Forum.
- Advance the Forum’s policy agenda with various stakeholder groups and advisory bodies
- Monitor and report on the status of emerging ECE to 3rd grade policy initiatives and reforms at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Contribute to the development of education issues workshops and training.
- Prepare/manage/deliver all reports regarding ECE to 3rd grade issues and concerns.
- Conduct presentations on behalf of the Forum on specific ECE to 3rd grade agenda at events, meetings, conferences, and/or workshops.
- Ensure effective relationships are maintained within agency and partners.
- Participate in data analysis and research as part of Education Team efforts.
BA in education or measurable experience in ECE to 3rd grade related field. Nonprofit and/or work in the Latino community a plus. Superior written/oral communication and interpersonal skills. Bilingual a plus. Public speaking experience, along with understanding of working with schools, government, businesses, institutions, foundations, and community-based organizations in groups and as individuals. Technologically skilled including Internet, Windows/Microsoft Office applications.
The Latino Policy Forum is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS
Please submit resume and one-page writing sample
Subject: “Education Policy Analyst”