Job Summary: The Stability Services Case Manager will provide diversion and short term stabilization services (STSS) as part of Coordinated Entry in Suburban Cook County. Coordinated Entry (CE) is a community-wide system to standardize and expedite the process by which people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness access housing and homeless resources. Through CE, people experiencing homelessness are matched to services and housing based on their preferences and level of need.
The STSS Case Manager is responsible for stabilizing a participant’s housing situation, with the goal of an immediate hand-off from intake to a diversion assessment to determine level of assistance. The STSS Case Manager connects participants with resources and develops a plan to resolve their housing crisis using solution focused approaches.
The STSS Case Manager will also serve as a back up to the Homeless Prevention Case Manager, in the absence of the HP Case Manager.
- Provide short-term solutions based case management to clients referred through coordinated entry to help clients identify underlying issues and act quickly to resolve their financial and housing crisis.
- Follow up, within 24 hours, all referrals made through the Call Center or walk-in center and either provide referral resources to the client over the phone or make arrangements for an in-person appointment.
- Provide stability case management services on a walk-in basis whenever possible during Walk-In Center hours.
- Provide diversion services for individuals and families seeking overnight emergency shelter. Diversion counseling services explore safe and viable alternatives to entering the shelter system.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of referrals resources, including a strong working knowledge of housing placement options, community resources, and budget and employment programs. Ensure resources are adequate and up to date in the Salesforce Solutions database and provide training to Housing Forward staff about access and use of the Solutions database.
- Maintain accurate client records in HMIS, or Salesforce if deemed appropriate, along with any paper documentation. Provide reports as requested.
- Participate, as requested, in Suburban Cook County CE meetings and collaborate with other stability services case managers in the CoC to ensure best practices.
- Ensure a compassionate, confidential and safe environment that maintains client dignity
- Participate in CE trainings as required.
- Provide program specific volunteer training, including implementation of policies and procedures and client record keeping.
- Supervise volunteers who are interfacing with clients while assisting in the provision of stability or diversion counseling services.
- Ensure volunteers are well-informed about available resources. Provide support as needed to ensure appropriate referrals are made.
- Provide adequate oversight to ensure volunteers are accurately capturing all required information about the client interaction.
- Supervise volunteers who are helping update the Solutions database and perform quality review on data.
- Manage volunteer scheduling, facilitate communication with volunteers about program specific information, track volunteer participation, evaluate volunteer performance and recognize volunteers for their participation, in conjunction with Prevail Manager and Volunteer and Outreach Manager
- Identify volunteer openings and coordinate with Prevail Program Manager and Volunteer & Outreach Manager to recruit new volunteers to fill open positions.
- Attend staff meeting as required and other community meetings as assigned.
- Represent the organization professionally at all times.
- Maintain positive relations with clients, volunteers, co-workers, staff from other agencies, agency funders, and the general public.
- Interact effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate team behavior and promote a team-oriented environment.
- Participate in ongoing development and improvement of all program processes and relationships.
Professional and program development
- If requested, participate in relevant industry seminars, workshops and networking events. Read about industry best practices to help ensure programming is in line with industry standards
- Participate, as needed, in outreach in community to engage clients.