There is currently one open position-
Grace Watson/Beanz: Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Grace Watson and Beanz, the supervisor provides leadership and oversight for both facilities.
Beanz Cafe performs 400 + transactions per day, which also spans breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night meals, 7 days a week during the academic year. This is a high volume location that serves an assortment of coffee, tea, pastries and sandwiches.
Grace Watson Dining Hall “Gracie’s” seats 700 + guests and serves approximately 2,500 + meals per day in an “all you care to eat” venue. Patrons who frequent Grace Watson Dining Hall have the ability to choose from 11 diverse serving platforms which span breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 days a week during the academic year.
School year Sunday - Thursday 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Summer/break weeks Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Please note: Hours subject to location business needs. Flexible scheduling/work hours may be required during break week, summer and intersession. In addition, large institute events may require additional hours (such as commencement (graduation) and Imagine RIT Festival).
As a member of the RIT community you'll receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with your pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs.
ABOUT DINING SERVICES:
Dining Services supports all meal plans both on campus and at select off campus locations. We are looking for a high energy team member that enjoys working in a busy environment serving customers. The successful candidate will need to be able to work with a diverse student work force which may include of deaf / hard of hearing, and internationals students. Hours would change for breaks, intersession and summer semester. This position may support serving from 1500 to over 3000 customers (faculty, staff and students) in any one location on a daily basis.
Detailed Job Description
To supervise the operation of one of RIT's dining services units, ensuring customer satisfaction while maintaining department standards in service and sanitation.
- Responsible to all customers and co-workers to provide excellent service in a friendly, sincere and courteous manner
- Supervise, direct, train, schedule, hire and work with full time and student employees. Give clear and concise directions. Coordinate production needs and staffing as appropriate.
- Open and/or close unit and ensure proper set-up for meal service.
- Place necessary orders for inventory and products.
- Assist manager in planning special functions and theme meals.
- Complete management responsibility when manager is absent from unit, including necessary service calls.
- Assist with general office duties, including ordering,inventory, payroll, and record keeping.
- Attend meetings and seminars as required or requested by unit manager/general manager.
- Ensure compliance for all individuals with all dining services expectations, and compliance related items such as ServSafe, cut glove procedures, etc.
- Monitor cashiers for proper cash handling and correct reading of cash register tapes.
- Enforce all New York State and Monroe County Health codes as they relate to health, sanitation and safety.