Park Tudor is currently seeking an Upper School Counselor for the 2017-18 school year. Candidates should have previous counseling experience and a Master’s Degree as well as a school counseling license. Private school experience is preferred.
In collaboration with administrators, faculty, staff, parents and other professionals, the Upper School Counselor will create a safe, healthy, and supportive learning environment to help students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally.
The ideal candidate will have highly effective crisis management skills, exemplary communication skills (written, verbal and listening), exceptional attention to detail and the ability to form relationships with students, faculty, and families.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Support the Upper School’s character education and social emotional learning programs which focus on: peer relationships, coping strategies, self-regulation, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Short term individual and group counseling interventions for students facing typical (i.e., non-clinical) stressors and problems
- Refer to outside counselors as needed; communicate with these clinicians as appropriate
- Parent education on social-emotional development of children
- Consultation with administration on Park Tudor’s Advisory program
- Participate in student support meetings
- Provide school-based mental health/wellness services, including prevention services that are age-appropriate
- Provide assistance, consultation, and training to administrators, faculty and parents around child development, parenting and wellness
- Respond to crises and serve as a member of the school-wide Crisis Response Team
- Engage families in the educational and wellness process, and facilitate their access to support services
Perform other related duties as assigned Park Tudor offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Extensive professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer; those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com and complete the online job application.