To view a complete description, job requirements, and to apply, please visit http://bit.ly/2oNnUjk.
The purpose of this classification is to provide strategic planning for facilities management and to direct the maintenance, construction, and operation of County facilities, grounds, and physical plant infrastructure.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff; develops and oversees employee work schedules to ensure adequate coverage and control; compiles and reviews timesheets;
- Provides direction and oversight for the Facilities Department operations; reviews, revises and develops policies, procedures, plans and programs to improve the overall work of the Facilities department;
- Issues and obtains necessary equipment, materials and supplies and ensures their proper inventory, record keeping, repair and maintenance.
- Directs the allocation of department financial resources; develops annual operating and capital expenditure budgets for the department; oversees and provides guidance to subordinate managers regarding the development of individual division budgets and their incorporation into the department-wide budget;
- Develops budget and financial reports for various facilities-related budget issues, including but not limited to upcoming year electricity, percentage increase, natural gas percentage increase, total square footage and maintenance costs per square foot;
- Directs and oversees operational maintenance of county facilities; monitors and responds to concerns from Department Heads, Appointing Authorities, administrators, and staff to ensure that building maintenance needs are met; Ensures that assigned County facilities are in compliance with applicable state and federal building regulations, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Clean Water Act, and Clean Air Act.
- Approves and signs work orders to outside service contractors for multiple contracts including chiller maintenance, wet sprinkler, elevators, fire extinguishers, entry access system, etc., and reviews and approves contractor's work for quality, completeness and final payment;
- Directs and oversees the contracting process for the department; approves the selection of service contractors and supply vendors; meets with Purchasing and Contracting and potential contractors to discuss scope of work, work flow process, inspection process, payment terms and procedures to resolve non-payment; and develops specifications for RFPs and bid documents.