| Division of Research and Faculty Development|
The mission of Harvard Business School (HBS) is to educate leaders who make a difference in the world. Within HBS, the DRFD helps to build and develop the faculty and facilitates the creation of enduring knowledge that shapes both business scholarship and the practice of business by providing unparalleled faculty support. The School's largest administrative department, the DRFD houses approximately 250 full-time and part-time staff members. As a premier service organization, and in collaboration with colleagues across the School, the DRFD staff delivers high-touch, customized support to the faculty, demonstrating solid judgment and high standards of responsiveness and professionalism.
Research Computing Services (RCS) supports faculty needs in statistical analysis and computing, research design, programming, data collection, and behavioral research. RCS divides its time between consulting on faculty research, working on specific research projects, and developing and supporting research infrastructure at the School. As part of the Division of Research and Faculty Development, RCS works closely with the School's other research support services to ensure seamless delivery of research services.
Reporting to the Director, Research Technology Operations, the Research Database Analyst is responsible for managing complex research datasets, assisting researchers with reporting and visualization needs, and assisting other RCS staff in supporting both training and helpdesk operations. The Analyst exhibits a high level of independence, intellectual curiosity, ability to use discretionary judgment, and extremely strong technology skills, including the ability to effectively use high-performance and/or cloud computing services as needed. The primary responsibilities of the Research Database Analyst include:
Please note: candidates with more extensive qualifications/experience will be considered for a Senior Research Database Analyst.
- Manage complex data sets (merging data sources, cleaning and curating data, creating new variables, parsing large files, etc.) using MariaDB or PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, and other tools, including accessing electronic data sources and building datasets for specific projects. Continues to develop skills that advance computational techniques and resources which provide data management support to faculty researchers.
- Provide consultation and/or training on data reporting/visualization services using resources such as Tableau, R, or D3. Continually develops skills in new technologies to support the faculty in their research.
- Provide support and training for RAs and doctoral students for data management.
Our expectations are that employees of HBS adhere to and represent our Community Values. They are:
- Respect for the rights, differences, and dignity of others
- Honesty and integrity in dealing with all members of the community
- Accountability for personal behavior
Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter @HBSJobs
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.
Harvard Business School cannot offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary