| Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health under the leadership of Dr. Atul Gawande. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people's lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Our core values for our staff include: respect for, and development of our entire team, effective and efficient teamwork, and pursuit of excellence in all activities.|
This role sits on our operations/administration team, which provides coordinated, high-touch customer service to an organization of 80+ people, often on tight timelines. The team's work is fast-paced and collaborative, and this person will work with minimal supervision. Teamwork, flexibility, attention to detail and a "roll up your sleeves" mindset are necessities.
Proactive, enthusiastic and detail oriented, the Operations Coordinator performs a variety of complex managerial and administrative duties at Ariadne Labs. S/he assists key leaders and teams with all organizational and administrative support needs and provides management support of facilities, systems, and events.
Typical duties include:
- Coordinate Ariadne Labs' facilities needs, including coordinate any expansion and renovation of office space; scope other real estate options by meeting with realtors and keeping on top of inventory and pricing in local market; provide regular updates and analysis on space and seating planning projections to Executive Team and others as needed.
- Oversee organization-wide implementations and maintenance of systems and databases, for example Google Apps for Education, Salesforce, and Adaptive Insights, as well as offer user support when necessary.
- Manage and delegate administrative support staff and distribution of office-wide support needs; provide research support; prepare presentations; provide coverage and assistance for other coordinators and staff assistants during vacations and peak times.
- Lead team meetings including the Monthly Operations meeting and weekly HR/Operations meeting
- Manage The Thread, Ariadne's intra net, including design, formatting, and content updates; coordinate and create internal communications through our intranet, display monitors, and formal email correspondence regarding organizational matters, including by not limited to personnel activities, office events, and guideline/policy updates.
- Organize and plan internal and external events, such as office retreats, lectures, social events, etc.
- Triage and route IT requests to the appropriate Harvard and BWH departments and track and monitor as appropriate.
- Manage and track office inventories of equipment and supplies, manage relationships with vendors, and analyze cost-effective decisions.
- Gather and analyze spending information to create operations budgets and costs and regularly review and monitor actual expenses.
Please Note: This position has a term appointment of June 30, 2018.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 054
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers