At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Patient Financial Services Patient Access Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The International Financial Counselor will be responsible for:
- Working as a member of the International Financial Team in Patient Financial Services and will be assigned to various aspects of the revenue cycle process for International Embassy, Commercial and Self-Pay patients.
- Verifying and obtaining insurance authorizations and advising applicable areas of any out of pocket expenses along with reports.
- Monitoring patient accounts, preparing bills and ensuring providers are paid in a timely manner.
- Establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with all external and internal contacts.
- Exercising good judgment and managing the expectations of all "customers" including patients and families, hospital staff, physician groups, and all external "customers".
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in International Business/Relations, foreign languages, Health Administration or a closely related field,
- 3 years' experience in Hospital or physician billing, or patient financial services. 1 year experience working with international patients and cultures.
- An understanding and appreciation of multiple cultures.
- The ability to Spanish fluently and preferably other languages.
- Diplomacy and poise.
- The analytical skills necessary to resolve problems requiring a professional level of knowledge in a specific field.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediate fair solutions, or well developed writing skills. Proficiency in Microsoft applications is required.
- Previous hospital billing systems experience, preferred.
- knowledge of insurance authorization processes would be helpful
- background with embassies would be a plus.
- A second language would be preferred.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.