General DescriptionThe Web Development Manager will lead a team of developers in designing, creating, maintaining, and updating web pages and services. The candidate will ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables to ensure project goals are accomplished. The primary product the position will develop and maintain is The Journals Division shopping cart and the Journals Associations web sites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies system analysis to solve problems, including determining software and system functional and technical specifications.
- Meets with technical staff to clarify specifications; takes program specifications, description of data, what processes are preferred and analyzes problems to determine solution steps.
- Develops or modifies computer programs; develops test plans and performs unit, system and integrated testing for individual assignments, vendor software releases.
- Develops, maintains, documents and test new or existing programs; adheres to project-wide standards for data collection/storage, structured programming techniques, documentation requirements, testing, reporting, software/hardware releases.
- Uses programming and database knowledge and critical thinking to resolve moderately complex technical or procedural problems.
- High level of awareness, approach and respect for the user experience.