Requisition ID: req1471
Job Title: Functional Analyst- Financial Aid
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Staff
Employment Status: Board Approved
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation Type: Annual
Schedule: M-Th 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-4:30pm, overtime as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Supports ERP module custodians in financial aid.
2) Applies functional knowledge to design and enhance technological support for financial aid policies and processes.
3) Collects and analyzes data and information to recommend solutions to business needs using Colleague and Hyland functionality.
4) Designs and conducts business process mapping.
5) Identifies systems enhancements and business workflow to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
6) Creates functional requirements documents in collaboration with module custodians using industry best practices.
7) Reviews technological requirements with IT analysts/developers.
8) Designs and executes comprehensive testing.
9) Performs extensive configuration tasks and set-up.
10) Serves as an effective team member.
11) Collaborates with analysts and module custodians in related areas across Enrollment and Student Services to solve cross-functional issues, coordinate processes, and improve communication.
12) Creates database applications, queries, and reports.
13) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance, and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands.
14) Performs other duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American's with Disabilities Act.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. The employee frequently sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stands and walks. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 25 pounds.
Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of ERP systems; excellent analytical skills; ability to translate business needs into functional and technical requirements; ability to compose business process mapping documents. Must possess effective communication skills; consensus-builder; comprehensive understanding of functional requirements across student services and academic support; proficient using query tools to access and analyze data; create test scripts; precise attention to detail; inquisitive, quick learner; team player. Ability to compose business process documents.
Bachelor's Degree in business systems, information technology, research, or other closely related field of study with at least three years analysis and research experience within ERP system(s). State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of the financial aid; experience working in higher education; knowledge of and experience with project management methods such as Six Sigma or similar methods.