Reporting to the Vice President of Campus Life and Student Services, the Executive Director of Health and Wellness provides strategic, administrative and clinical leadership for medical and mental health services for students at Brown University. This position will facilitate collaboration among all health and wellness departments (BWell Health Promotion, Counseling and Psychological Services, Emergency Medical Services and Health Services) to provide high-quality, comprehensive and collaborative care for a globally diverse student population. This responsibility extends from overseeing, directing and planning clinical services to managing financial, administrative and all other functions of the health care delivery system. The Executive Director will create and foster partnerships across other areas in Campus Life and Student Services and throughout the University to encourage student-centered practices that support the objectives of the Division of Campus Life, and the University at large.
The Executive Director is responsible for setting and communicating policy for Health Services and CAPS and interpreting the policies set by Brown University. In addition, the Executive Director will have expert knowledge concerning the clinical issues facing the college age population and seek to build upon existing integrated models of care based on assessments of physical, psychological, emotional and environmental needs of student, including those associated with mental health and educational initiatives. The Executive Director will prepare and implement strategic planning efforts for health and wellness to maximize comprehensive counseling, health, and wellness programs, services and facilities; and will formulate, implement, and evaluate plans of care utilizing sound clinical judgment, with the goal of providing confidential, compassionate and culturally responsive care that fulfills the holistic needs of health and well-being of all Brown students.
- Candidates are required to have one of the following degrees: M.D./D.O. from an accredited medical school; current board certification (internal medicine, pediatrics, family practice, or psychiatry); and licensure (or eligibility) in the state of Rhode Island with updated DEA certificate
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible leadership, management, and supervisory experience within a comprehensive university/college health center or related equivalent
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communications and critical thinking skills
- Experience in college health or in a closely related area of health care practice and administration
- Knowledge of and experience in quality improvement and accreditation standards and activities
- Experience and comfort with use of an electronic health record
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse patient populations
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-01-07:00
Job Posting Title:Executive Director of Health and Wellness
Department:Campus Life & Student Services
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.