NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Payroll Systems Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for the development of reports and queries for the functional payroll team. He/she will Identify needs of the department by meeting with team members to understand what queries would enhance their ability to perform their jobs. The Payroll IT Analyst is responsible for functional, payroll related, table configuration and payroll calendars within PeopleSoft, including earn and deduction code setup. Coordinates the functional testing of PeopleSoft updates and any other new implementations. Lead various projects within the department. Represent the department on projects that affect PeopleSoft payroll. Work with team to coordinate annual activities such as year-end processing, annual increases and other events. Develop effective project plans that clearly identify accountability, responsibility and due dates. Drive change within the department through effective communication and superior customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Lead various projects within the department
- Direct liaison with the IT team to implement updates to PeopleSoft/Kronos, control testing, and document changes
- Identify processing, procedural, and/or system problem areas; implement resolution and/or resolve issue with involved staff.
- Create queries as requested by the department and the field
- Ensure proper testing and documentation of updates
- Controls and updates PeopleSoft table configuration for earnings and deduction codes, and tax tables based on the organization's approval process
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree in Business, IT and/or Accounting or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years progressively responsible experience in payroll or a related field, including creation of PeopleSoft queries and reports.
- Knowledge of payroll process including pre-sheet audit through confirm as well as tax set ups, balance reviews and adjustments.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel. Effective oral, written, communication and customer service skills.
The Payroll Systems Analyst should exhibit sound knowledge of the PeopleSoft system. In addition, he/she should display a complete understanding of payroll. A Strong knowledge of PeopleSoft queries and reports and processes including pre-sheet audit through confirm as well as tax set ups, balance reviews and adjustments is required. In addition, strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Knowledge of Project Management is required. Knowledge of Kronos is desirable. He/She should demonstrate skills to meet and exceed the needs of their customers. Four (4) years of experience preferred. FPC or CPP preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.