NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Data Analyst.
In this role, the successful Data Analyst is responsible for ensuring the veracity and efficiency of the information database, collecting, analyzing and validating all research, statistical and other reports for the department, and providing quality assurance of all electronic entries.
- Works with Principal Investigator, Study Coordinator, Faculty and Nurses on many different Protocols and clinical projects. Collects and performs QA on all data as requested. Is responsible for editing Data and obtaining missing information prior to data entry. Ensure databases are validated and ready for transfer daily and maintains confidentiality. Resolves logical check errors and data queries daily
- Integral in solving operational/data problems in consultation with other employees and/or supervisors. Applies knowledge of regulations, policies, protocols and/or procedures to control and maintain accurate records. Works with medical terminology and descriptions for a smooth data entry process. Reports progress against schedules to management as appropriate.
- Participates in the review of Clinical research documents (eg. Protocols, Case Report Forms and Reports). Manages projects to ensure completion of assignments within established timelines. Maintains accurate enrollment logs and patient data entry logs.
- Interacts with all research staff and sponsor monitors on a professional level. Is able to work independently, recognize and identify problems and discuss with supervisor as needed. Designs processes and implements procedures to rectify problems and communicate changes across levels with study team, PIs, faculty and administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree plus one to two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of database systems and design, experience with Redcap.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.