NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Adult NP, Family NP or Acute Care NP.Nurse Practitioner, Inpatient Infectious Disease Management.
2 - 5 years of clinical practice experience with current clinical knowledge in infectious disease management
Adult NP, Family NP or Acute Care NP.
In this role, the successful candidate Coordinates and performs diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive patient care activities. Provides forand assures comprehensive nursing care through use of nursing process and appropriate standards ofcare. Functions within a collaborative practice agreement established with Division Chief
- Provides inpatient care in collaboration with the attending physician ( Consults, rounding, discharges).
- Consults with Physicians and other health care professionals as needed regarding patient care and antibiotic stewardship.
- Maintains effective communication with physicians and providers regarding individual patient care to develop a coordinated comprehensive care plan on cases involving complex medical or psychosocial issues.
- Differentiates between normal and abnormal findings and orders appropriate diagnostic studies and treatment plan.
- Documents appropriate information in medical charts
- Monitors and trends cost effectiveness of position, particularly asit relates to efficiencyand volume of serviceor practice.
- Participates inhospital anddepartmentalcommittees asappropriate and asrequested.
- Participates inoutside professionaland communityactivities asappropriate andrequested
- Provides nursingconsultation andeducational programsto nursing and medicalstaff as requested andindicated
- Participates inhospital, nursing, Stateand JCAHO continuingeducation programs asrequired and asindicated
- Maintains active andin good standinglicensure
- Develops a therapeutic and supportive relationship with patient; maintains a properperspective between personal and professional affairs
- Pays careful attention to others in order to respond appropriately, answer questions, orobtain needed information
- Cooperates and communicates effectively and harmoniously with own supervisor,management, peers, general staff, physicians, other hospital personnel, patients and theirfamilies and general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Fosters open communication with office and hospital staff interfacing with designatedpractice.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of all patient, physician and hospital relatedinformation.
- Assists physician inmaintaining timely andappropriatecommunication withother disciplines andancillary services
- Evaluates patientstreatment and healthcare plan foreffectiveness andmodifies per clinicalstandards and practiceprotocols.
- Prescribes and writesprescriptions formedication accordingto New York State law(including controlledsubstances providedDEA number has beenissued) per protocol
- Prescribes medicalequipment, devices,and home healthservices per practiceprotocol
- Participates inprovision of healthcare, teaching,counseling andtreatment to patientsin outpatient settingand refers significantclinical issues perprotocol to supervisingphysician.
- Orders non-invasive and diagnostic testing,differentiates betweennormal/abnormalfindings and refersabnormalities tosupervising physicianper protocol.
- Organizes and presentspertinent (both normaland abnormal) data ina manner meaningfulto physician for his/hermedical diagnosis andtreatment.
- Records appropriatedata in medical charts
- Elicits a detailed andaccurate medicalhistory from patientand performsappropriate physicalexaminations.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional nursing standards and regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs etc.
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital setting.
- Works collaboratively with nursing leadership to ensure timely communications with the nursing staff.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain timely and appropriate communication with family members, housestaff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Participates in the development and revision of interdisciplinary and nursing standards, patient and family education materials as relevant to area of practice and expertise.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with family members.
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols, pathways, and other means.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, department and service line.
To qualify you must have a Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited program plus five years clinical nursing required.Current NY R.N. license and New York State nurse practitioner certification with prescription privilegesis also required. Accreditation from National Certification Body, (AANCP) Completion of an approvedpharmacology course, a written collaborative practice agreement and practice protocols developed withsupervising physician required.
Required Licenses: Nurse Practitioner-NYS, Registered Nurse License-NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.