Bachelors Degree is required
Bachelor's degree required.
Three years managing personnel, projects and budgets.
Graduate of an American Medical Association approved program. Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and holding current certification with the ARRT. Active membership in the AHRA and MSRT.
Minimum of three years progressive clinical experience required. Previous knowledge and application of accreditation processes, inventory management, financial management , as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
Expertise in critical analysis of clinical and financial data.
Extensive knowledge of computer applications.
Demonstrate ability and skill in the management of organizational change and continuous quality improvement processes.
Familiarity with the health care field including the use of CPT codes and reimbursement issues.
Works under the direction of the Vice President of Operations and Ambulatory Services and must work closely with the System Director of Radiology.
Directs and coordinates functions of staff in Diagnostic Imaging Department to ensure quality patient care and patient outcomes in accordance with the hospital's mission, goals and objectives.
As a change agent for the organization, the manager is responsible for quality patient care in a cost-effective manner, compatible with recommendations from accrediting agencies is key in this position.
Full compliment of management responsibilities includes planning, human resource management, financial accountability, quality assessment and performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and productivity management.
Administrative on-call and rounds required; additional department on-call responsibilities as determined by department needs.
Has frequent contact with the Radiology software vendors.
Exercises ability to select, develop, organize and motivate others in order to obtain maximum department efficiency.
Must exercise tact and diplomacy in functioning within the Munson Healthcare network and must recognize that Radiology services are vital to complete patient care.
Must be able to handle stressful situations diplomatically.
Must be able to act quickly and decisively in emergency situations and authorize deviation from routine procedure when specific conditions require.
Work is subject to frequent interruption, schedule change and frequent time pressures required for completion of department goals.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
X No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Oversees the annual capital, operations and personnel budgets and justifies variances for areas of responsibility.
- Assists the Vice President and System Director in developing annual operational objectives and budgets for the Support Services area.
- Attends internal/external meetings to enhance communication and support to radiology services throughout Munson Healthcare.
- Monitors the job performance of support staff (scheduling, transcription, image management and transportation). Counsels and disciplines staff to ensure quality of work and adherence to hospital policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the guest relations philosophy of the hospital to ensure accessible high quality radiology services to the patient and the community.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.