| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Childrenâ??s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Womenâ??s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Quality & Safety Coordinator will initiate and participate in activities including, but not limited to, clinical quality improvement projects and providing education in regards to maintaining high standards of clinical support , in order to improve patient care delivery systems throughout the St Vincent Physician sites. This position will routinely travel throughout the SVP sites of Montana and Wyoming and work collaboratively with managers, physicians and staff to ensure a constant state of readiness for survey activities. The position will provide oversight and education to the clinical staff in each SVP clinic in Montana and Wyoming. The position is also responsible for collecting and submitting reliable data to the Quality Improvement Committee and the providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Environment of Care Surveys and Quality Improvement Projects
- Conducts and coordinates Environment of Care surveys in each site of SVP on a routine basis and prepares and distributes reports that summarize the finding of the mock surveys.
- Assists SVP managers and physicians in identifying quality improvement projects and implementing the projects throughout the SVP.
- Coordinates the processes related to the gathering of data and compiles data related to clinic self assessments.
- Coordinates meetings that focus on Environment of Care compliance and mentors managers to further their understanding of compliance and compliance related activities. Coordinates an annual review of compliance standards for all SVP managers.
Clinical Support Oversight
- Clinical supervision of all nursing and medical assistant staff
- Oversees clinical support practice in all SVP sites, with particular focus on scope of practice and competency.
- Serves as a clinical resource to staff and managers. Mentor/coach clinical staff to enhance their profession skills.
- Provides leadership and facilitates application of evidenced based practices and clinical improvement efforts.
- Provides Clinic Managers with effective tools for human resource management activities including, but not limited to, mentoring, providing constructive feedback, follow up on barriers, and assessing competence of clinical staff.
- Develops and implements clinical process and chart audits to ensure patient safety and quality.
- Prepares/delivers educational offerings which support organizational initiatives as well as requests of individual SVP sites.
- Develops teaching and orientation plans for clinical support of provider activities by adapting and presenting information to various audiences
- Assures competency of clinical staff throughout SVP by developing and implementing effective tools for evaluating and training clinical staff
Ascertains educational needs of the clinical staff and provides for the provision of necessary in-services
Staff and Provider Relations & Communication
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with staff & providers in SVPN and SVH. Collaborates with clinic managers on appropriate issues related to compliance and education.
- Serves as an exemplary role model and projects a positive image of SVH, SVPN and each clinic at all times.
- Communicates potential risk issues to SVPN leadership, clinic managers, and lead physicians in a timely manner and demonstrates appropriate judgment regarding sensitive issues and confidential information.
- Provides education and training about patient safety and performance improvement process as needed with individuals or groups.
- Participate in proactive risk reduction activities such as Safety Swarms and Root Cause Analysis
- Supports managers and/or Directors in the completion of event summaries and corrective action plans.
- Serves as a member on and actively participates in several committees within St. Vincent Healthcare, SVP, and SCL Health, bringing the ambulatory patient safety perspective and data as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN degree; or completion of an accredited BNS program within three years of hire.
- Minimum of (3) three years of clinical nursing experience in an inpatient or outpatient setting required
- Current MT RN license
- Current WY RN license, or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Current BLS certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire date.
- Valid MT Drivers License, proof of insurability and a clean driving record.
- Current working knowledge of regulatory and JCAHO accreditation standards.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change and knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team.
- Strong organizational skills, customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment.
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including Excel, Access and other data base applications, as well as the ability to learn new applications relevant to the position.