The mission of the STX Group is to be a leading trader and market access provider in illiquid environmental commodities and debt capital markets. We cover all European countries through a team of native speakers who can understand the needs and see opportunities together with our clients.
Since 2013 we have expanded our focus to illiquid debt and financing, a natural step following our ambition to become a key player in illiquid markets. Currently the STX Group employs more than 60 people, all working from the head office in Amsterdam - The Netherlands.
What does the job of a Trading Risk Manager looks like?
The Trading Risk Manager will carry responsibility for ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations and for managing business risks. You maintain direct contact with our sales traders in order to manage business opportunities within the company's risk appetite.
You will report to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) directly.
As a Trading Risk Manager, the main responsibilities are:
- Continuously review and update our risk and compliance frameworks in order to anticipate on business opportunities that may arise;
- Establishing and maintaining effective compliance and risk management control systems, including monitoring, reviewing and reporting;
- Providing timely advice to the organisation on relevant changes in the regulatory environment and implement necessary changes;
- Structure business transactions together with our sales traders in order to optimise risk-return within the company's risk appetite;
- Attend board meetings as a secretary.
- Assist the CRO with various projects and ad-hoc issues. For example, your first projects would be:
- coordinating implementation of MiFID II;
- obtaining a regulatory license to participate in emission allowances auctions.
Do you have what it takes to become a successful Trading Risk Manager?
We are looking for a new team member to join our dynamic fast-paced international work environment. You are our perfect candidate if you have/are:
- 2-3 years of experience in a Compliance or Risk function; preferably in a trading environment or brokerage firm;
- University degree;
- Native Dutch speaker; also fluent in English;
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance and risk assessment associated with trading business activities is a plus;
- Affinity with legal aspects;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Interpersonal intelligence;
- Reliable and precise;
- Proactive attitude.
- International working environment;
- Hands-on experience from the start;
- Strong focus on personal development;
- Competitive salary;
- Fringe benefits.
Then apply immediately for this job by clicking on the 'Apply' button. If you would like to have more information, please contact Ipek Sener (recruitment) at 0031-20-5357797.