FACT provides evidence-based services to people of all ages living with developmental disabilities or other behavioral health conditions and their families aimed at promoting inclusion and choice, and maximizing quality of life. Outreach, volunteer opportunities and professional training programs are dedicated to fostering community participation and advancing public awareness and acceptance of individual differences.
FACT’s services include: 1) clinical services, where our talented team of expertly trained therapists are available to provide clinical services at our Los Angeles based clinic; 2) school based services including behavioral support, counseling/guidance, and parent training to public school districts (services funded by school districts provided pursuant to an Individualized Education Plan (IEP); 3) social skills & parent support groups; 4) adult services including Generating All Possibilities (GAP – a community integration day program), Supported Living Services (SLS – direct support to adults who have a desire to or already live in their own apartment, Tailored Services (TS – an individualized program that is both flexible and community based); 4) Employment Services, identifying and empowering clients to succeed in integrated workplaces, and 5) community and individual advocacy.
With a stable and competent administrative and fiscal core, FACT is looking for a visionary leader who has relevant executive experience and demonstrated talents in administrative, fundraising, communications and programmatic areas. A talented team of senior directors report to the Executive Director; directors in turn manage their areas of responsibility. With a staff of over 100 and a budget in excess of $3 million, the organization is in a growth phase. Its offices are in Westwood and services are provided throughout the San Fernando Valley and west Los Angeles County. A seasoned interim executive has been in place for the transition and will hand off to and support a new executive to ensure seamless success.
The Executive Director is the chief staff officer of FACT. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives and provides professional management of all aspects of the organization’s operations.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress;
- Provides leadership in developing program, fund development, administrative and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and implements plans and policies authorized by the Board;
- Manages the senior program, development and administrative staff of the organization;
- Maintains official records and documents and ensures compliance with federal, state, local and industry regulations;
- Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field;
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative, collaborative and harmonious work environment obtaining optimum productivity of the organization’s staff;
- Develops and monitors systems for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
See job description for specific duties: Executive Director Job Description
If interested in the position, please send a detailed cover letter outlining how your background and skills are a match for the position, as well as a current resume to Board President Lania Glaude at email@example.com