The Compliance Auditor, under the general supervision of the Director of Quality and Compliance, provides professional support in conducting compliance program activities that are necessary to operationalizing the RI International Compliance Plan. This includes conducting audits, investigations, analyzing data, and assessing the effectiveness of improvement plans designed to reduce compliance risks throughout the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts audit & monitoring activities as identified in the Agency’s Audit & Monitoring plan, including development of audit tools, research of relevant requirements, policies and practices, and conducting audit activities.
- Is authorized to have access to any information, deemed necessary by the Director of Quality and Compliance, relevant to the integrity and accuracy of the audit activity.
- Coordinates with leadership from various areas to ensure the scope of review aligns with the purpose articulated in the Audit & Monitoring plan and to minimize impact of audit on day-to-day operations and provision of services.
- Documents and reports audit findings consistent with the Agency’s policy and procedure, including recommendations for improved internal controls or other corrective actions.
- Tracks and reports the status of corrective actions and audits assigned to non-compliance department staff.
- Participates in data mining activities, including development of reports and providing data analysis reports to the Director of Quality and Compliance and Compliance Committee.
- Conducts preliminary reviews and investigations of alleged corporate compliance violations, including alleged fraud, waste or program abuse, conflicts of interest, or other violations of the Code of Conduct, when directed by the Director of Quality and Compliance.
- Assists in documenting the receipt of all reports to the compliance department, including a summary or the allegation, findings and resolution of the allegations.
- Reviews proposed corrective actions to assess for effectiveness, and coordinates with other departments, such as Human Resources, when appropriate.
- Assists the Director of Quality and Compliance in preparing reports for the Compliance Committee and Board of Directors, including investigation findings, recommendations, and trending of investigation data.
- Monitors and reports on the status and effectiveness of the corrective actions.
Training and Awareness
- Assists with preparation, coordination and presentation of new employee, annual and ad hoc compliance
- Assists with creating and implementing employee compliance awareness activities.
- Assists the Director of Quality and Compliance in assessing the effectiveness of compliance training efforts through analysis of data, employee feedback and other information to assess the effectiveness of compliance trainings.
- Cooperatively works as a team member with the ability to work well with supervisors and co-workers.
- Participates in agency committees, including preparation of presentations to the Board of Directors as designated.
- Models, supports and actively participates in the implementation of the Agency’s Mission Statement, Values and
- Philosophy and the ethical standards articulated in the Compliance Plan and Code of Conduct.
- May be required to travel.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Documents relevant and required information and services provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
- Maintain and observe all HIPAA regulations that apply.
- Provide timely, quality and accurate documentation in accordance with program standards.
Safety/ Physical Environment
- Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
- Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
- Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
- Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
- Influence and improve operations which are not under direct control.
- Use problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
- Actively embodies RI International’s mission, vision and values.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the program and RI International.
- Contributes and participates in continuous Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Models and practices recovery principles in all activities including hope, empowerment, responsibility, mutuality and self-determination.
- Develop new and innovative ways to improve operations of the program and to create new opportunities.
- Determine strategies to move the program and RI International forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Serves as a representative of the organization, acts as a positive role model towards all interactions (internal/ external stakeholders and people we serve) without judgment.
- Provides assistance in a concise, informative manner, keeping a positive, courteous tone and appropriate non-verbal communication and effective listening.
- Contributes to effective teamwork by combining skills and energies in a coordinated effort with supervisors, co-workers, guests and outside agencies.
- Communicates collaboratively with inter/intra-disciplinary team members and participates in team meetings.
- Develops collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Accepts feedback and contributes in an open and receptive way.
- Works independently or as part of a team; ability to interact appropriately with others.
- Speak, listen and write clearing, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Focus on Service Participant Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity, acceptance and compassion.
- An ability to interact effectively within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, language and needs.
- Develops and maintain accurate community resources for education, information and referrals appropriate to guests needs