Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere's experts span 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com, or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere Health is seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Manager or Senior Manager, HEOR, to join our Market Access & Reimbursement Practice and its Value Team. The team focuses on a wide range of areas, such as: coverage, coding, and payment across commercial and public payers; pricing and contracting; distributors and specialty pharmacies; field team design and deployment; and patient support services. We assess how our clients’ products fit within the emerging coverage and reimbursement landscape and help our clients optimize market access for their products though deep subject matter expertise and understanding of their business issues.
We design strategic and tactical plans to maximize adoption and uptake by payers, providers, and patients throughout the product lifecycle by integrating policy and healthcare market dynamics into the business planning cycle. We work on a team basis with complementary scientific, technical, and regulatory expertise in the pre-approval and post-market spaces.
The Manager or Senior Manager, HEOR, will perform health economic and outcomes research activities that support market access for pharmaceutical and device manufacturer clients’ products. The position will also develop quantitative models that further the causes or support the positions of other types of clients, such as professional and issue advocacy organizations. This is a highly matrixed position, reporting to the Vice President, within the Market Access & Reimbursment Practice, who leads the Value Team. They will work collaboratively with specialists in our Data Analytics Practice, and professionals within Avalere’s parent company, Inovalon, to design and implement studies that are aligned with client goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving as a subject matter expert on HEOR-related issues impacting the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries, and representing the Market Access & Reimbursement practice on cross-functional internal teams.
- Leading projects and teams within to solve complex client problems and engage clients with novel solutions and ideas.
- Conceptualizing the scope of projects for clients, assembling a cross-functional team, and overseeing the team from project initiation through to client delivery.
- Using public and private sector databases to execute research to support client product market access or goal achievement using claims, literature, registries, survey, client-supplied, and other data.
- Constructing prospective budget impact models, cost-effectiveness models, and cost utility studies using data from these and other sources.
- Performing other relevant studies to support client goals, such as burden of illness, market/ population sizing, treatment adherence/persistence, epidemiologic, quality of care, and other demonstration of unmet need.
- Supporting and developing relevant sections of study concept documents, study protocols, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports, and other development documents.
- Designing and conducting, in collaboration with team members, systematic literature searches, literature reviews, meta-analyses, and like assemblages of secondary research.
- Designing, conducting, and synthesizing primary research projects or other qualitative adjuncts to quantitative modeling efforts.
- Assisting in drafting and coordinating publication plans for dissemination of Avalere and client information.
- Presenting health outcomes research findings at scientific congresses and participating in the development and writing of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Mentoring, supervising, and training staff members within the Market Access & Reimbursement Practice and across the firm.
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at www.avalere.com/careers or by clicking the link https://hcmapp02.epicorhcm.com/HCM28967CSS/Default.aspx?Requisition=2016-56. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
Candidates should be prepared for an interview exercise that aligns with the requirements of the position as a part of the in person interview process.
Avalere Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.