The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s healthcare, has an exciting position within our Division of Continuing Medical Education (CME) to manage the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of assigned live continuing medical education activities. This position will ensure our live CME activities are developed in accordance with AAP CME quality standards and accreditation requirements, and will serve as the primary AAP contact for course faculty, course directors, and planning group members on assigned activities. We are seeking a customer focused individual with a willingness to travel.
Some job duties include:
1. Plan, develop, implement, staff, and evaluate assigned CME activities, incorporating principles of adult learning theory in the instructional design. Facilitate educational needs assessment activities, establish learning objectives, design a variety of educational formats, and evaluate and measure outcomes of CME activities.
2. Ensure assigned CME courses are planned, developed, implemented, and evaluated in accordance with AAP CME quality standards and comply fully with the Accreditation Requirements of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award Program (PRA). Document compliance in course accreditation files and complete files on a timely basis.
3. Serve as the primary AAP contact for course faculty, course directors, and planning group members. Develop comprehensive faculty guides for each assigned CME activity. Oversee the compilation and planning group approval of syllabus materials.
4. Oversee the management of logistics and facility contract negotiations with the Division of Convention and Meeting Services on assigned courses, and direct cross-departmental staff teams involved in course development and delivery.
5. Act as the AAP liaison with subspecialty sections/councils and/or external organizations in the development of assigned CME activities. Serve as a resource to these groups in the design of educational activities.
6. Staff assigned course planning group(s). Facilitate all planning meeting activities, including developing agenda materials and writing minutes.
7. Develop and manage budgets for assigned CME activities and planning groups.
8. Work with the CME Marketing Specialist to design detailed marketing plans for assigned courses. Direct the development of all course promotions and monitor the effectiveness.
9. Supervise assigned staff.