Director of Helpline Services
Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, or New York City
The Cancer Support Community (CSC), the largest nonprofit provider of social and emotional support for people affected by cancer, is seeking a Director of Helpline Services, to be based in Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, or New York City. Reporting to the Senior Director, Program, the Director of Helpline Services is responsible for the oversight, implementation, administration and growth of the Cancer Support Helpline (CSH) program. The Director of Helpline Services will ensure quality service delivery, enhancement and expansion of CSH services and operational management. In addition to managing existing grants for the CSH, the Director of Helpline Services will be responsible for identifying and securing new funding opportunities including the development of new partnerships.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter, salary requirements and a resume to SSuettinger@cancersupportcommunity.org.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee day to day operations of the CSH including software and database enhancements for the Helpline
- Monitor data and CSH reports including analysis of trends and areas for growth/expansion
- Oversee CSH personnel including scheduling, training and evaluation
- Oversee all existing grants and partnerships related to CSH partners including budget tracking, deliverable attainment and periodic reports to funders
- Oversee financial assistance program administration when funding is available to ensure quality processes, equitable delivery of funds and fiscal responsibility and reporting
- Identify new funding sources and partnerships for the Helpline and submit grant applications in collaboration with Senior Director, Program
- Make recommendations as to program and processes that will enrich CSH services
- Coordinate promotion of CSH in collaboration with Communications and Digital and Web Departments
- Develop and monitor quality standards
- Develop and oversee CSH budget
- Other duties as assigned
About the Cancer Support Community
As the largest professionally led nonprofit network of cancer support worldwide, the Cancer Support Community (CSC) is dedicated to ensuring that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community. CSC achieves its mission through three areas: direct service delivery, research and advocacy. The organization includes an international network of Affiliates that offer the highest quality social and emotional support for people impacted by cancer, as well as a community of support available online and over the phone. The Research and Training Institute conducts cutting?edge psychosocial, behavioral and survivorship research. CSC furthers its focus on patient advocacy through its Cancer Policy Institute, informing public policy in Washington, D.C. and across the nation. For more information, please visit www.CancerSupportCommunity.org.
The Cancer Support Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer