* M.D. or D.O. degree from a medical school recognized by the Medical Board of California. Board diplomat in Family Practice, Internal medicine or other appropriate primary care specialty. Completion of annual continuing education required.
* Completion of one or more residency programs in a specialty appropriate to assigned duties with increasingly responsible experience in the practice of that specialty. Two years or its -equivalent of increasingly responsible experience in their practice specialty.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Incumbents must possess and maintain the legal requirements for the practice of medicine in the State of California including the following:
* Possess and maintain a valid and relevant State of California license to practice medicine
* Possess and maintain current American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) medical board of certification appropriate for the assigned duties.
* Possess and maintain a valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) certificate and number for prescribing controlled substances.
* Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillator (CPR/AED) certification as appropriate for the assigned duties.
* Previous experience working in college health.
* Women’s healthcare and sports medicine experience.
* Prior or current affiliation with a hospital or outpatient clinic.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Through knowledge of and the ability to effectively apply the principles and methods essential to the assigned medical specialty.
* Through knowledge in the diagnosis and treatment of common medical disorders and in the assessment and response to emergency situations.
* Thorough knowledge of community resources in medical treatment and public health practices.
* Thorough knowledge of local, state and national laws and regulations pertaining to the medical field and specialty.
* Through knowledge of applicable professional ethics and standards.
* Ability to serve as a mentor and resource consultant for other health center personnel.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of medical practitioners and specialists, as well as students, administrators and faculty.
SALARY RANGE: 11/12 Pay Plan: $11,027 - $17,365 per month plus excellent paid benefits. 12/12 Pay Plan: $12,029 - $18,944 per month plus excellent paid benefits. The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICATION SCREENING WILL BEGIN MAY 16, 2017. (Applications received after the screening date will be considered at the discretion of the university.)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed CSUS employment application (download electronic application at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/Employment_Opportunities/Staff/index.html), cover letter, and resumé to:
California State University, Stanislaus ? Human Resources Department
Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Building, Suite 320 (3rd Floor)
One University Circle ? Turlock, CA 95382
For questions, please contact: Dr. Scott Hennes (209) 664-6532
A background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Voluntary_Self-Identification_of_Disability_CC-305_SD_Edit1.24.14.pdf.
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO APPEAR TO BE THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE FOR AN INTERVIEW
THE ANNUAL CAMPUS SECURITY AND FIRE REPORT INCLUDES STATISTICS FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS CONCERNING REPORTED CRIMES THAT OCCURRED ON CAMPUS; IN CERTAIN OFF-CAMPUS BUILDINGS OR PROPERTY OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY STANISLAUS STATE; AND ON PUBLIC PROPERTY WITHIN, OR IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO AND ACCESSIBLE FROM THE CAMPUS. THE REPORT ALSO INCLUDES INSTITUTIONAL POLICIES CONCERNING CAMPUS SECURITY, SUCH AS ALCOHOL AND DRUG USE, CRIME PREVENTION, THE REPORTING OF CRIMES, SEXUAL ASSAULT AND, CAMPUS FIRE STATISTICS. YOU CAN OBTAIN A COPY OF THIS REPORT AT: HTTPS://WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/UPD/CRIME-STATISTICS. TO REQUEST A PRINTED COPY CALL: (209) 667-3572; FAX: (209) 667-3104; OR EMAIL: PUBLIC_SAFETY@CSUSTAN.EDU. INFORMATION REGARDING CAMPUS SECURITY REPORTS AT OTHER LOCATIONS CAN BE FOUND AT: HTTP://OPE.ED.GOV/SECURITY/. CLERY ACT: IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE JEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY AND CRIME STATISTICS ACT, CRIME REPORT STATISTICS ARE AVAILABLE AT: WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/UPD/PAGES/CAMPUSCRIMESTATISTICS/INDEX.HTML.
THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, ANCESTRY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS. ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CSU STANISLAUS HIRES ONLY INDIVIDUALS LAWFULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. THE PERSON HOLDING THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED A ‘MANDATED REPORTER’ UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT AND IS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN CSU EXECUTIVE ORDER 1083 AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE