| || |
The Budget Manager is responsible for providing budget planning and financial analysis services to all departments within the college. Specific responsibilities include financial, process planning and analyses related to the annual operating and capital budget cycles; maintaining the integrity of the budgets and accounts; reviewing position requisitions; and participating in the development of the College's Annual and Five Year Plan. Major emphasis in the areas of: Academic Affairs, IT, Facilities, Student Enrollment (undergraduate and graduate), Undergraduate and Graduate Schools, BEE/BECC, Advancement, Human Resources/Benefits, and Babson Global. Collaborates with manager, teammates, and supported internal clients to develop and refresh financial business modeling using the department's software tools.
• Leads the college's annual operating budget process. Implements the Board approved Annual Operating Budget.
• Ensures the timely availability and integrity of financial data for institutional decision-making.
• Develops and manages a multitude of financial reporting mechanisms.
• Serves as an internal consultant for the Budget Office's complex software tools and reporting. Maintains and refreshes the College's Adaptive, Microsoft Excel, and Access databases and modeling. Develops and maintains the College's five-year financial planning database, supporting schedules, accounts, budgets, and reports.
• Creates, in collaboration with college leaders, departmental budgets including account set-up, processing routine budget changes, assisting business managers in reviewing financial reports, and providing training and support to business managers in financial matters.
• Manages the quarterly projection process for supported operating areas, including managing the College's online projection module and access database, Adaptive planning software models, and the reallocation and financial system reconciliation processes. Supports departments to ensure budget projection data is complete and accurate, and analyzes and reports on the results.
• Completes senior level financial analyses in the areas of revenues, rate changes, expense management, and capital plans. Develops the related reporting mechanisms.
• Manages the development, implementation and maintenance of a financial P & L model for the larger business segments within the college.
• Develops and maintains the Facilities Management and IT Capital Budgets and Financial plans; including the related funding (cost of capital) sources, committed project expenses, and operational expense impact. Serves on RFP teams and supports the College's Facility Master Plan's capital management.
• Responsible for managing the Budget Office's annual payroll reconciliation and merit increase process with HR and Payroll. Processes personnel/position requisitions including the reconciliation of budget to roster, human resource system, and payroll system.
• Leads the five-year financial planning process by preparing ad-hoc reports and financial analyses, and reviewing detail spreadsheets relating to the plan.
• Completes special projects as identified by management that analyzes work processes, identifies critical paths and redundancies, costs, performance measures, and potential areas for financial improvement opportunities across all campus wide business areas.
• Create management tools such as cost or projection models, budget forms, and templates to guide departments through desired process change. Create tools to secure ongoing compliance for the enhanced operational processes.
• Work with budget managers, including Deans and Vice Presidents, regarding the college budget and extraordinary funding issues. Takes a leadership role in resolving internal customers' budget/funding requests.
• Supervises the college's Grant Administrator for grants totaling $4.5 million.
• Manages special cost and revenue accounting analyses, as well as comparative institutional data. Support institutional research and benchmarking projects.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Senior Budget & Procurement Analyst
Senior Budget & Reporting Analyst