PVA Architecture, at the Paralyzed Veterans of America, is currently seeking an Architect for its National Office. This is a unique opportunity to work with a small, fast paced architectural group within a Washington, DC based non-profit advocacy organization. The selected candidate would be responsible for advancing the organization’s mission by providing professional expertise in the field of architecture.
- Registration with 8-10 years strong architectural experience is required.
- Must be a results oriented, knowledgeable, articulate, and a motivated self-starter.
- Must be a licensed architect; currently registered by a state, territory, commonwealth, or the District of Columbia.
- Thorough knowledge of accessibility codes and standards is a must. Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Outstanding benefits package and collegial work environment. Travel required.
Successful applications must include a cover letter, detailed work experience, and salary requirements. Qualified candidates should send applications to PVAARCHITECTURE@PVA.ORG.
Paralyzed Veterans of America, a congressionally chartered veterans service organization founded in 1946, has developed a unique expertise on a wide variety of issues involving the special needs of our members – veterans of the armed forces who have experienced spinal cord injury or dysfunction. PVA uses that expertise to be the leading advocate for quality health care for our members, research an...d education addressing spinal cord injury and dysfunction, benefits available as a result of our members’ military service, and civil rights and opportunities that maximize the independence of our members. To enable PVA to continue to honor this commitment, we must recruit and retain members who have the experience, energy, dedication, and passion necessary to manage the organization and ensure adequate resources to sustain the programs essential for PVA to achieve its mission.