The Chief Operating Officer / Chief Nursing Officer provides oversight and direction for the planning, development and execution of programs and services designed to provide clinical excellence and exceptional service experiences that create value for the patients/families, referral sources, payers and communities served by RHPC and Presence Health. The COO/CNO works in collaboration with the CEO, CMO and VP of The Life Institute to develop strategic and business plans that focus on innovative care delivery, service growth and revenue opportunities to improve the health and well-being of individuals living with advanced complex illness. The COO/CNO oversees the operational departments of Clinical Services, Business Development, Referral Management and Access Services. Plans, directs, and coordinates all of the activities and functions of the operational departments as well as ensuring the organization meets necessary requirements for all licensing, regulatory, and accrediting agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and manages opportunities to enhance and optimize the value to Presence Health of hospice and palliative care services as part of an integrated delivery system. Assesses current organizational capabilities and improves care delivery models with a focus on enhancing the care experience, growth and revenue opportunities.
- Collaborates with Presence Health leadership to develop, pilot and validate new business and care models for managing the health outcomes and costs and to ensure service delivery aligned with system goals.
- Contributes to region and system teams accountable for beneficial growth and transformation of the care delivery model within Presence Health.
- Collaborates with RHPC Executive Team to evaluate the markets served by the organization utilizing the Community Health Needs Assessment, accesses the structure and financial capability of the organization, and makes recommendations of alternative strategic choices available to the organization to meet the needs of the communities served by RHPC.
- Develops and implements clinical integration strategies to improve health outcomes, patient/family experience, and healthcare value. Identifies successful clinical integration models and programs nationally that can be applied within RHPC.
- Designs and leads innovative care models that position RHPC for healthcare reform and value based reimbursement through mechanisms such as accountable care organization development, new payer models, strategic alliances that improve the patient/family experience, clinical outcomes and reduce health care utilization as appropriate in the healthcare system.
- Leads, coaches, and directs RHPC leadership team in Clinical Operations responsible for patient care, clinical services and case management while ensuring that the multidisciplinary team meets standards of practice for hospice care.
- Leads, coaches, and directs activities of the Referral Center to ensure compliance with Conditions of Participation, corporate integrity, and patient rights. Ensures seamless service transfers from referral center to clinical teams.
- Ensures that the inpatient unit is in compliance with all regulatory, facility and family centered services necessary for comprehensive care at the GIP level.
- Represents RHPC senior management’s vision, strategies and key performance metrics, and providing timely, actionable feedback to RHPC management on initiatives and opportunities occurring across the continuum of care within assigned Regions and at a system level.
- Monitors and manages RHPC performance as it relates to care delivery, growth, financial stability, and continuum of care integration.
- Leads the strategy to streamline processes and create a patient-focused philosophy that supports timely delivery of treatment and other health care services with optimum quality
- Collaborates closely with key leaders, ensures organization preparation for regulatory/accreditation surveys, Provides clinical, regulatory, and accreditation support. Evaluates organizational compliance with Medicare conditions of participation and develops programs and processes as needed to meet regulatory requirements.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.