In cooperation with Director of Legal Recruiting & Professional Development and the hiring partners, support and manage the recruiting and professional development program for the firm’s New York office
Fall Recruiting and Summer Program
• Manage the OCI process and planning.
• Ensure that the firm’s registrations with law schools are current and complete.
• Review and screen resumes from law schools that are not already on Covington’s OCI roster.
• Manage the interview call-back process. Organize and confirm interview schedules and arrangements. Assist with greeting candidates and coordinating their call-back visit.
• Manage post-offer activities, including the coordination of offer dinners, and arranging return visits for candidates with Covington offers.
• Serve as a key point person and resource for summer associates. Provide regular updates to the Director, and keep the Director apprised of any noteworthy matters.
• Manage the content of and postings to the summer associate intranet pages, including the picture book and events calendar.
• Coordinate summer associate social events and educational programs.
• Oversee the scheduling of summer associate exit interviews, and ensure evaluations are completed.
• Maintain positive working relationships with law school career services representatives, as well as other recruitment contacts and resources.
• Maintain records of the firm’s relationship with the various courts and judges to ensure we have access to information regarding potential candidates.
• Manage the interview call-back process. Organize and confirm interview schedules and arrangements, and manage reference check and writing sample review process.
• Manage the screening and interview call-back process. Organize and confirm interview schedules and arrangements and manage reference check process.
• Maintain positive working relationships with legal search firms, as well as other recruitment contacts and resources.
Recruiting and Evaluation Systems
• Working with the coordinator, oversee and manage the tracking of candidates, and associate and counsel evaluations in vIDesktop.
• Assist in the development of initiatives, projects and systems to further associate retention and promotion. Regularly interact with associates to listen to their issues and concerns; work with the Director of Legal Recruiting and Professional Development, the Managing Partners for Legal Personnel, and the Associate Advisory Committee to address the career and general professional development needs of associates.
• Provide guidance to attorneys regarding their integration into the firm and ongoing career development.
• Implement training programs and instructional materials for associate career planning, and for senior lawyer coaching and mentoring of associates.
• Collaborate with Firm committees, Recruiting and Legal Personnel to update and enhance new associate orientation, lateral attorney integration, mentoring, and other talent development-related programs.
• Implement metrics, reporting systems, and tools to assess ongoing attorney needs and to evaluate effectiveness of career development programs and initiatives.
• Monitor current trends and best practices in professional development to ensure the firm's efforts are cutting edge.