Research Data Manager
Brown University, Computing and Information Services seeks qualified applicants for the position of Research Data Manager.
The Research Data Manager of the Rhode Island Innovate Policy Lab (RIIPL) will be a member of Brownâ??s Data Science Practice. The Research Computing Managerâ??s primary role will be to develop and maintain tools and best practices for using research computing, data warehousing, and software engineering methods to support data-intensive research at RIIPL and advance RIIPLâ??s scientific and policy mission.
This is a two year fixed-term staff position, with the possibility of extension contingent upon available funding. The grade level of the position will be determined based on the qualifications of the chosen candidate.
- Bachelorâ??s degree or equivalent work experience.
- For Grade 10E - Minimum of 1 year of experience working with real world data in an academic or research setting.
- For Grade 11E - Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience working with real world data in an academic or research setting.
- Expertise with exploring, understanding, cleaning, and wrangling big data.
- Strong software engineering skills and a track record of contributing to software projects and collaborating with other developers.
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system, a programming or data analysis language (e.g., Python, R, Stata), and databases (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, NoSQL).
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines, and an eagerness to take ownership of challenging and open-ended assignments.
- Effective at communicating with audiences whose technical backgrounds vary widely.
- Experience working with sensitive data in secure computing environments is preferred.
- Expertise with ETL processes, visualization tools, and web programming also preferred.
Please note: a cover letter, resume, and transcripts must be included in all applications.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check and education verification.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-27-07:00
Job Posting Title:Research Data Manager
Department:Office of CIO
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.