NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Tenant Coordinator.
Working with in-house engineering staff and landlord representatives, as appropriate, the Tenant Coordinator will facilitate repairs to lighting fixtures, furniture, and building systems for the Medical Centers' off-campus portfolio of clinical, research, and administrative office space.
- Identifies unsafe conditions in work areas and takes appropriate action to ensure safety of self and others. Identifies potential safety hazards of problems in work areas. Takes appropriate measures for safety of self and others in work area. Communicates information concerning unsafe conditions to supervisor. Must be available to respond to emergency calls after hours and on weekends.
- Recordkeeping. Oversees the monitoring and maintenance of records. Ensures that records are completed and relevant paperwork is kept in the office. Ensures that records are maintained for all supplies ordered and received. Maintains price quotes, tracks dates ordered/received, and maintains a current list of vendors.
- Maintenance of Equipment /Supplies. Monitors maintenance of equipment to ensure safe, efficient operations. Ensures adequate inventory and usage of supplies. Ensures that equipment in good working order and keeps equipment clean. Oversees that equipment and supplies are properly inventoried. Informs management of equipment/supplies needed. Ensures that equipment /supplies are utilized in an efficient manner. Accepts and signs for equipment and supply deliveries after ensuring that order is complete.
- Work of Contractors. Monitors all work performed by outside contractors (e.g. painters, cleaners, and HVAC) to ensure quality and completeness. Ensures all work performed meets quality standards. Keeps supervisor informed of progress or discrepancies.
- Directs repairs to appliances and fixtures. Responds to assignments in order by the date and time received unless otherwise instructed. Provides timely explanations when unavoidable delays are encountered. Performs repairs to appliances and fixtures. Responds promptly to phone calls and pages from supervisor as well as on-site staff. Keeps supervisor advised of activities and problems or potential problems. Must be available to respond to calls and coordinate repairs after hours and on weekends.
- Monitors heat and hot water systems in off-campus properties. Ensures heating and hot water systems are functioning properly at all times. Notifies building management if there is a problem with the heat or hot water system. Confirms that repairs from outside vendors are performed in a timely manner.
- Office Maintenance Keeps offices and common areas in clean and orderly condition. Confirms that the hallways and stairs are swept and mopped, as required. Confirms that trash and garbage containers are emptied on a regular basis.
- Carries out daily floor and systems inspections. Inspects buildings daily to ensure cleanliness and to determine need or extent of service required. Takes appropriate measures for safety of self and others in work area. Coordinates inspections with building staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have minimum three years building maintenance experience in a residential or commercial building.
- General knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, air conditioning, heat and hot water is essential.
- Commercial building maintenance experience is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.