NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Practice Manager (37.5). This position is based in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, and will be responsible for supporting multiple sites. The incumbent is expected to work varying schedules during Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8am to 7pm, for a work week totaling 37.5 hours.
In this role, the successful candidate will provide administrative oversight of daily operations and assist with strategic planning. Oversee front end staff and practice billing, including recruiting, training, and management. In conjunction with the Centralized Billing Office (CBO), ensure timely billing/collections and revenue maximization; develop policies and procedures; implement new processes; help to establish annual goals, revenue targets, and training/education programs; monitor government and third party reimbursement and develop and implement reporting mechanisms. Monitor compliance to established regulations and guidelines
- Revenue Cycle Management- Direct the review,documentation, and charge submission process. Collaborate with CBO staff to determine best processes, implement said processes in a uniform manner, and monitor compliance.
- Monitor weekly charge submission volume, weekly charges posted, daily cash, incomplete charges, denials, collection reports, refunds, etc. Conduct routine meetings with the staff to discuss the results of these indicators and redirect staff efforts as needed.
- Maintain current, working knowledge of practice management system. Work with the Director, - Ambulatory Operations, Senior Manager Ambulatory Operations, Manager Ambulatory Revenue Cycle, staff and CBO/billing vendor to address physician concerns, operational and IT issues. Help track these issues as new physicians areon boarded.
- Help to identify and quantify operational deficiencies that may be adversely impacting physician billing and/or cash flow ie IT systems issues, process issues (registration, clinical/operational staff on the floor), etc. Assist in finding solutions to these issues.
- Resolves all complaints and problems using independent judgment and decision making skills to ensure patient satisfaction and adherence to faculty practice standards.
- Collaborate with the Credentialing & Managed Care team to identify and resolve issues that impact patient access and cash flow.
- General Administrative Responsibilities - Collaborates with leadership on planning and implementing strategic initiatives.Oversees daily operations, schedules staff, resolves issues.Meets routinely with key individuals to review current tasks and assignments. Assists in establishing priorities and allocating resources as needed to support operations.Evaluates employee performance.
- Resolves employee issues and addresses procedure and performance related issues.Authorizes attendance, schedules and sick time changes.Establishes office procedures and communicates responsibilities and expected performance to staff.Receives, compiles, classifies, reconciles and consolidates data from varied sources; provides timely reports on routine data, trends and variances to appropriate parties.
- Maintains accurate, well-organized, up to date files for retrieval of needed documentation.Organizes, prioritizes and expedites own work flow and uses independent judgment.Attends meetings, prepares minutes and participates on committees as requested.Recognizes routine problems and recommends suggestions, ideas and solutions.
- Determines and establishes the explanation to complex calls, issues and questions not covered by specific instructions or common practice.Meets or exceeds internal standards for accuracy and timeliness in charge documentation preparation and submission.
- Uses Personal Computer and standard office equipment as needed.Assists in training office personnel for front-desk, reception, and billing activities.Participates in on-going training/development/monitoring of staff by the office. May be asked to perform other varied functions.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination or training and relevant work experience. Ability to work in a fast paced multi-physician practice environment. Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and patients.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.