NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a EMR Senior Implementation Specialist-Clinical. This position will require approximately 60% travel to our practice locations.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for managing the Practice (account) relationship as it pertains to the training of EPICCare applications across all FGP/Voluntary Practices and provides user support of the EPICCare application after installation; perform user training; work with Physicians in the FGP/voluntary practices and clinical staff (Medical Assistants, RNs, etc.) to facilitate the operational capabilities of the EPICCare component to the EPIC application; work closely with on site practice managers, coordinators, medical center EPIC teams, and, clinical department leadership. The successful candidate must understand and improve on workflows using EPICCare.
- Acts as primary point of contact for assigned practices clinical and physician staff, gathers and documents practice data, understands their workflow and manages day to day practice activities as it relates to the EpicCare implementation.
- Trains system users (physician and clinical staff) in the operational use of EpicCare during both implementation and post deployment. Trains new functionality as needed across the FGP/Voluntary Physicians.
- Develops and maintains application training materials for both the trainers and the end-users.
- Assists in the development of the core training curriculum (IT Training) as well as the operational training curriculum.
- Works with Epic and NYU IT/EPIC to resolve application issues.
- Works with FGP management teams to deploy, implement and enhance the usage of EpicCare systems.
- Liaises with NYU IT Services team to ensure appropriate use of resources for the completion of the EpicCare implementation.
- Participates in user groups to improve the use of the Epicare.
- Troubleshoot and triage hardware and software problems to the appropriate IT Services personnel and follows up, if third party assistance is needed.
- Serve as the primary EpicCare training support contact for Faculty Group Practice leadership and will coordinate all training questions and issues that arise during the project for each business unit within the application areas.
- Creates and fosters a working relationship with assigned Practices and ensures that practice issues are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for retraining.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Partners with IT, IT Trainers and IT Analysts on the coordination of all aspects of the EpicCare implementation.
- Manage training with NYU IT.
- Oversee helpdesk support for Faculty Group and Voluntary Practices.
- Participate in implementation meetings and report and update Director/team as appropriate.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree, and clinical training/experience as a social worker, RN, PA, MD or the equivalent. Three to five years of successful experience in physician practice management and/or experience in an ambulatory clinical environment.
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines is required. Possess excellent oral and written communication and problem solving skills. Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of customers including management staff, medical assistants, nurses, mid-level providers and physicians. Strong knowledge of clinical operations a must. Ability to remain calm in difficult and stressful situations preferred. Committed to improving quality and service and maintains a spirit of cooperation and respect. Takes initiative to enhance knowledge. Has good time management skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize.
Clinical license i.e. social worker, RN, PA, or the equivalent. Completion of Medical School preferred. Experience with training users in groups and individuals preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.