NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Admin Manager in the NYU HOS Radiology department.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative leadership for three distinct departments within Radiology: Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology. Candidate will work at the direction of the Manager of Nuclear Medicine/Assistant Manager of Radiology and the Department Administrator. Works collaboratively as a member of the management team to facilitate the smoothly integrated management and operations for Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiolgy
- Participates in the handling and processing of legal cases affecting the departments operations.
- Administers the maintenance and inventory of supplies for the department.
- Deposits witness fees and maintain records of deposits.
- Submits requests for minor constructions/repairs within the department, requests for new telephones, relocation of telephones and makes arrangements for installation of cabling for new telephones.
- Hires, trains and evaluates staff. Assigns, directs, and coordinates the work of all clerical staff to serve the needs of the department and the Medical Center. Provides staff on-going guidance.
- Maintains records and compiles reports as directed. Processes incoming and outgoing documents by tallying figures and transcribing data, statistics, codes and other information for the area. Sets up, maintains files and complex records of departmental, and program activities. Oversees and/or takes and transcribes complex dictation on a computer for the department.
- Prepares departmental payroll and maintains payroll records. Handles, maintains, follows-up and processes all CPP's, Requisitions, time-off, and time sheets; works with HR, Payroll and Immigration Services.
- Assists Assistant Director and Department Administrator with all revenue cycle issues, budgetary duties and cost containment issues.
- Maintains up-to-date departmental licenses (e.g., NYC Department of Health, Workers Compensation).
- Ensures that staff complies with all regulatory guidelines and enforces all appropriate department policies and procedures accordingly. Distributes instructions/educational material for annual in-service of staff and maintains records of tests (this includes Environmental Services, Fire Safety and OSHA Infection Control tests).
- Collaboration with other departments to ensure optimal functioning of the Department. Oversees the Tisch 2 Outpatient Registration which registers patients for the following service lines beyond the three aforementioned Radiology Departments: Non-Invasive Cardiology and the Rusk Swallows Program.
- Provides management support to the Nuclear Medicine Manager, Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology. Interacts with managers within and outside the department to plan, problem solve and facilitate departmental operations and serves as a resource person. Provides administrative support in the absence of the Nuclear Medicine Manager.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related discipline and 2 years office administration experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must include prior supervisory experience in a healthcare, non-profit, or higher education environment.Excellent organizational , communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and enforce deadlines.
Knowledge of medical terminology.Computer skills (Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel)
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.