ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Hours: Pharmacists work rotating shifts and weekends. Holiday rotation required. Pharmacist works general med/surg, inpatient, and critical care coverage. Pharmacist participates in Interdisciplinary Rounds in a centralized/decentralized model. Positions will have some time in the ambulatory setting as well. Opportunities available for cross campus coverage to Waukesha Memorial and DN Greenwald in Mukwonago. This pharmacist will also have responsibility to cover contracted off site facilities (Fort Health and Beaver Dam Hospitals) as assigned.
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time Benefits
Promotes positive patient outcomes for patients and families of ProHealth Care utilizing pharmaceutical care. The pharmacist incorporates and demonstrates clinical skills and customer service strategies in order to achieve the organization's goals.
Pharmacist Practice Expectations:
- Provide prospective medication order review for all inpatient medication orders. In particular, verify all high risk medications to ensure the appropriateness of use from clinical, financial, and policy compliance perspectives.
- Address orders with a priority of STAT within 15 minutes.
- Verify all routine orders within 60 minutes.
- Review the profiles of all patients on assigned unit daily (24 hours). Evaluate patient medication regimens and pertinent lab results, and address any noted medication duplications or inappropriate medication regimens. All open interventions must also be reviewed.
- Review all pharmacy consult and medication specific folders within the electronic medical record once every 24 hours.
- Maintain high visibility at the pharmacist station in the nursing units, including attending all clinical rounds as required or encouraged, allowing medical and nursing staffs to benefit from contributions that pharmacists can provide.
- Consistently offer aid and collaboration to medical and nursing staffs.
- Focus on patients who are being treated with high risk and/or high cost medications, and provide pharmaceutical interventions as needed.
- Serve as an educational and drug information resource to medical staff, nursing, as well as patients as requested/needed.
- Know the medications that are stored/stocked on your unit. Assist the technical staff in medication security.
- Communicate regularly with the central pharmacy to ensure that STAT medications are prepared and dispensed promptly - especially in locations that do not utilized a STAT printer.
- When staffing de-central in the patient care units, maximize the time available, accessible and present in the unit.
- Pharmacist License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
- Valid WI driver's license.
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.