Direct Support ProfessionalPrimary Location:
CA-CAOntario-3311 E Shelby StFunction:
Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)Organization:
Everybodyneeds a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated tomaking a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support peoplewith Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. Description
Our DirectSupport Professionals (DSPs) are the link to the community for those weserve. Whether you're helping someoneride the bus for the first time, prepare for a job interview, attend collegeclasses, do their own laundry, or assist with personal care, at the end of yourwork day, you know you have made a difference in someone's life.
Basedin community settings, DSPs provide assistance with daily activities rangingfrom resume building, job interviewing, college life, personal hygiene, andmedication administration, to accompanying individuals on outings in thecommunity or providing transportation to work or other activities. In addition,DSPs support therapeutic and behavioral plans, working closely with ourclinical staff, to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
Doyou have experience working with people with intellectual and developmentaldisabilities and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTORto make an impact in people's lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorilyperform each essential function listed below.
- Provides training, assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration, medication administration, and/or job skills development
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the individual receiving services to ensure effective guidance, support and service delivery. Ensures objectives are met in accordance with the Service Plan
- May coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation according to state requirements.
- Provides transportation for individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments in personal vehicle or company vans and/or mini vans as required.
- Maintains current progress and service notes. Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
- Provides direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individual's services, Service Plan or administrative policy
- May meet with employers, as required, to develop potential work opportunities for individuals receiving services.
- Attends training and other meetings as required
- Provides emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services. Reports incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Will complete a minimum of 8 hours of training each year on topics pertinent to the population served.
- Mandatory abuse reporter.
If youhave leadership experience and a passion for those we serve... we want to hearfrom you!
What we require ofyou:
The requirements listed below are representative of theknowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
·High school diploma or equivalentrequired
·At least six months of experienceproviding support to persons with developmental disabilities in a comparableprogram (Behavior Modification Program)
·Working knowledge of task analysisand positive behavior support techniques.
Certificates,Licenses, and Registrations Required:
·Must be at least 18 years old
·Must pass health screening, TB testand criminal background checks
·Must have adequate transportation,current driver's license, clean DMV record, car registration, and autoinsurance
PhysicalDemands and Environmental Conditions:
BloodBorne Pathogen Category. Job requiresperformance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, bodyfluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation ofemployment.
What We offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
- Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
- Full and Part time schedules available
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
Bringthe right attitude; we'll train you for success!
Wehave a great work environment and you'll be surrounded by a strong andsupportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Family Home Agency is apartner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is anational network of local human service providers offering quality,community-based services. Withapproximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'llhave career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTORNetwork, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of lifeenhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team ofdedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!