Mental Health TechnicianPrimary Location:
Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)Organization:
Are you looking for a meaningful change in your work life or a jump start to a career in your field of interest? Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we'll train you on the rest.
Our teams are fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we work with. The heart of what we do is support adults with mental illness who have the desire to live their lives to the fullest, every day.
The Direct Support Professional (technician) position supports individuals we serve inresidential settings. We seek a compassionate person to successfully assist,support, and teach the skills necessary to enable individuals with mental illness to achievetheir activities of daily living in a 24 hour living situation. You will also have an opportunity to support therapeutic and behavioral plans inpartnership with clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those wesupport. Direct Support Professionals also facilitate communityinvolvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community orproviding transportation to work or other activities.
If you have a passion for those we provide services to living with a mental illness... we want to hearfrom you!
What we require of you:
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent is NOT required
- Valid driver's license in good standing and car registration with vehicle insurance (not required for OVN positions)
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Six months of professional experience working with individuals living with a mental health diagnosis is an asset, or willingness to learn how to successfully support the individuals we provide services to
- Professional experience, education or acknowledgement of the criminal justice system is an asset, or willingness to learn
- The passion to support individuals in an environment that promotes dignity and respect
- The dedication to attend the required team meetings and trainings needed for success
Flexible, consistent schedules. Fulland Part time schedules available
Arewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
Competitivepay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
Paidtraining; Holiday pay
Family-orientedenvironment, casual dress, employee events
Achance to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
Career development and advancement opportunities
Access to employee discounts withvarious vendors
Adynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded bya strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. REM Hennepin is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network oflocal human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states,you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTORNetwork, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of lifeenhancing services to individuals across the country.
Join our team of dedicated and caringprofessionals. Apply Today!