Licensed Vocational Nurse LVNPrimary Location:
Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)Organization:
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serve people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with California MENTOR, you'll be one of these extraordinary people.
Our direct staff are the link to the community for those we serve. Whether you're helping someone ride the bus for the first time, helping them to learn something new, do their own laundry, or assist with personal care, at the end of your work day, you know you have made a difference in someone's life.
This position is based in a residential setting where our direct staff, including LVN's, provide assistance with daily activities ranging from meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration, to accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation in company vehicles. In addition, our LVN's and DSP's support therapeutic and behavioral plans, working closely with our clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
We are looking for candidates with some experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, mental illness, or traumatic brain injuries. If you are not sure if your experience meets our requirements fill out an application - it may be a fit!
What we require of you:
- Current CA License as a Vocational Nurse in good standing
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid CA driver's license
- One year or more of experience working with individuals with disabilities or closely comparable population
- Reliable transportation
- Clearance of background check as required per state licensing regulations
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
- Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plans
- Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
- Full and Part time schedules available
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Paid training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~28,000 employees serving ~25,000 consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality-of-life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.
Search for "Clovis, CA" for the Licensed Vocational Nurse posting