| About the role: |
The primary purpose of the role is to manage Macquarie's Internal Audit function in Asia and lead a team in the provision of independent, objective and insightful assurance to select divisions of Macquarie Bank on the effectiveness of the:
- framework and processes for risk management and compliance
- financial, operational and compliance controls, with a focus on both IT and business areas
- management information and governance processes.
Additionally, the individual will be responsible for attending and providing Internal Audit Division (IAD) updates to regional board meetings and regulators.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Macquarie's operations in the region, the relevant business divisions and associated regulatory developments.
- Establish and maintain effective, constructive, forward looking and professional relationships with Senior Management.
- To over-see Internal Audit assignments in accordance with the Macquarie Internal Audit Methodology.
- Source, manage, develop, train and coach members of the IAD team (including co-sourced resources, as appropriate) in the skills required to perform assignments and ensure they are delivered to a high standard of quality in accordance with Macquarie's methodology and professional standards
- Demonstrably and consistently contribute to an IAD workplace culture whereby all staff feel:
- respected and valued;
- encouraged to contribute; and
- a clear sense of the value of their IAD "experience".
- Lead the Internal Audit planning process for the assigned divisions, including the preparation and discussion of the annual internal audit plan and the scheduling of audit assignments and assigned resources
- Delivering the approved Internal Audit Plan (including amendments)
- Contribute to the strategy for IA, continuous improvement and change management initiatives
- Continuously develop own technical, commercial and personal skills
- Act as an ambassador for Macquarie's Goals and Values, and Risk Management principles
- Graduate and potentially post graduate qualifications in Accounting/Finance or equivalent field;
- 10 years plus relevant experience in Internal/External Audit or Risk Management roles
- 4 years in leadership role;
- CA preferred, but CPA considered.
- Internal Audit Qualification (eg. CIA, CISA) preferred but not necessary
Skills and experience:
- Superlative oral and written communication including negotiation and influence at a senior level. Strong empathy and ability to engage effectively
- Strong personal integrity, determination and resilience, and an intuitive understanding of what is reasonable and prudent business practice for the Banking and Financial Services industry
- Experience of Investment Banking products, with preference for Capital markets/trading businesses
- Expert at Risk and Control assessment, including analytical skills
- Exemplary self and team management skills with strong focus on team success
- Able to effectively manage many concurrent activities
- Flexible - able to adapt quickly to changing expectations and create clarity in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to influence and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders. You will be expected to develop and maintain relationships with:
- Senior Executives and Departmental Managers in Asia and across selected divisions
- RMG colleagues - Compliance, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk
- Business Operational Risk Managers (BORM's)
- Business Project Managers
- Other members of Global Internal Audit team.
- External Auditors (PWC)
- Other IAD functions and related communities of practice
- Co-sourced suppliers.
Internal Audit Division (IAD) is the independent assurance function for the Macquarie Group globally. IA provides independent assessment and assurance to the Board Audit Committee (BAC), and senior management as to the effectiveness of the control framework for operational risk for all controlled entities within the group. IAD performs risk based objective assessments of the control frameworks within business and functional areas.
Audits are conducted cyclically and cover identification of risks, control design and control performance. In addition, the team audits changes to businesses such as significant projects, new products and significant new contracts, and conducts independent investigations relating to fraud and other matters.
- Some overseas travel (approx 20-30%) will be necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Advertised: 31 Mar 2017 China Standard Time