The Outlet Proprietor is responsible for providing general management of all activities within an assigned outlet consistent with DWR policies and procedures. The Outlet Proprietor will also maximize Outlet revenue and profits through efficient management of merchandise presentation/design excellence, employee relations issues, loss prevention, and is responsible for managing expense control goals. The Outlet Proprietor sets and monitors staff goals; evaluates, coaches, hires and trains employees; and determines, manages and delegates Outlet priorities. The Outlet Proprietor is responsible for addressing sub-standard performance and recognizing achievement. The Outlet Proprietor upholds all company standards through personal example and professional management.
The Outlet Proprietor is expected to spend the vast majority of his/her time engaged in management activities. If, at any time, the Outlet Proprietor does not believe management activities comprise more than 50% of his/her time for any given workweek, the Outlet Proprietor is to report such to Human Resources.
- Develops, leads and motivates staff through consistent coaching, feedback, and training
- Responsible for hiring/termination of Account Executives, Leads and all Warehouse employees
- Directly responsible for the Warehouse Manager and oversees warehouse operations
- Drives sales and service through sales team management, including goal setting, coaching, training, motivating/inspiring, development, accountability/follow-up and recognition
- Ensures consistent performance of sales team
- Responsible for ensuring sales team achieves/exceeds Outlet goals
- Manages performance issues of sales team members
- Manages expense control goals
- Ensures Outlet represents the best in design through visual directives, presentation and general house-keeping standards
- Maximizes sales and profitability through interpretation of visual objectives and directives (regular, promotional, etc.) to create a strong visual impact
- Conducts trade visits and in home residential consultations
- Leads sales efforts to achieve outlet sales goals/profit targets
- Protects company assets and minimizes loss by ensuring compliance with loss prevention and safety standards. Ensures all outlet procedures are followed.
- Manages all procedures to maximize profit (e.g., scheduling, shipment receiving, processing, transfer, and control, controllable expense and supply management)
- Resolves employee relations issues of sales team members in a timely manner, partnering with HR
- Maintains a positive and productive work environment
- Builds positive working relationships with outlet team, Area Manager and Regional VP to share business insights and best practices to develop strategies and grow the business
- Design, Architecture or related field of study.
- Valid state driverâ€™s license and good driving record
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of successful Sales Leadership experience, demonstrating a proven track record of leadership success and knowledge of the retail industry.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills with strong emphasis on listening; demonstrated people management skills, and the ability to work/contribute in a team environment.
- Demonstrated design skills/background and a passion for the design profession and other creative pursuits.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, integrity, business ethics, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and must be results-oriented (i.e., holding oneself accountable for results), as well as the ability to gain a high level of confidence from subordinates, peers, and a large number of customers.
- Must be financially literate, possess business acumen, and able to manage budgetary concerns.
- Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Design Within Reach office environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabilities).